Windows 10: why is FireFox (and Google) suddenly directing searches to a PUP site?

Discus and support why is FireFox (and Google) suddenly directing searches to a PUP site? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Staritng about yesterday, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware keeps blocking search results, because the search result wants to bring up mps.eanswers.com. I'm... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by x509, Oct 28, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

why is FireFox (and Google) suddenly directing searches to a PUP site?

Staritng about yesterday, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware keeps blocking search results, because the search result wants to bring up mps.eanswers.com. I'm using FireFox V 63.0, 64-bit version. I edited FireFox preferences to remove all search engines except Google from my search engine choices. So as a practical matter, I can no longer do seaches using the search bar.

Only if I first go to Google can I get search results. What is going on here?

:)

2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

Keep in mind the default page for Firefox is Google search. Coincidence? I think not.

PVTCaboose1337, Oct 28, 2018
  4. mlupple Win User

Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

Firefox 2's built in address bar suggestion is an exact rip-off of google desktop search.

mlupple, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. why is FireFox (and Google) suddenly directing searches to a PUP site? - Similar Threads - why FireFox Google

2. Why is my collections site suddenly blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my collections site suddenly blocked: I tried to get into my collections this morning and it is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-collections-site-suddenly-blocked/dd15b874-c946-4458-9e01-924491421299
  3. Why is my collections site suddenly blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my collections site suddenly blocked: I tried to get into my collections this morning and it is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-collections-site-suddenly-blocked/dd15b874-c946-4458-9e01-924491421299
  4. Signing into Google in Firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Signing into Google in Firefox: I'm currently on Windows 10. When I sign into Google in Firefox, close the Firefox application and open it up again it doesn't remember that I signed into Google. How do I set Firefox so that I stay signed into Google. submitted by /u/Maximus34672 [link] [comments]...
  5. Firefox - search with google irritation

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - search with google irritation: On my workstation I've had Firefox for many years, updating as required, and now at 65.0.2 (64bit). A short while back I recall seeing a bar pop up under the URL window as I entered data, with suggested search results a la 'search with google' I found this irritating and...
  6. Getting Google on Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Google on Firefox: I have my default search engine set for Google in Firefox. But Firefox will not allow google to come up. I get this error message: "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page". It does this twice after I click "allow" and then instead of...
  7. Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site: Today i downloaded some trainer from mediadisk1.net, after opening the trainer my av quarantine so i ignore that because trainer always detected by av as usual. Its begin my browser opening by itself and direct me to adv site. Besides injecting adware its possible this virus...
  8. Bing to google for firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bing to google for firefox: don't know if it has been posted yet but Install this script and no more bing with cortana *Party Bing to Google 13043
  9. Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site

in Browsers and Email
    Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site: My son's laptop has Windows 10 as its OS, the latest version of Firefox, no antivirus (just Windows Defender). When he tries to open Google, a message comes up that the site is insecure, and there is no possibility to add a certificate. Does anyone know how to get around...
  10. google search with firefox gets reloaded?

in Browsers and Email
    google search with firefox gets reloaded?: bit of an odd question. when using firefox, i search (google by default) with the old separate search box. noticed today (or last day or 2?) that it opens the results in a new tab (which is normal), but that is then reloaded immediately. it would appear it first opens a...