Windows 10: Why is HDR on windows 10 so broken?

Discus and support Why is HDR on windows 10 so broken? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Why the hell is HDR on windows 10 so borked? I mean a HDR switch? really? also the fact that HDR gets disabled from overlays, volume controls. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pittyh, Jun 2, 2020.

1. /u/pittyh Win User

Why is HDR on windows 10 so broken?

Why the hell is HDR on windows 10 so borked?

I mean a HDR switch? really? also the fact that HDR gets disabled from overlays, volume controls.

The fact that windows 10 color profile is SD? and switches to HDR and back...why?

Potplayer/MadVR - fullscreen exclusive issues.

4:2:0, 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 vs RGB, can't we just decide on a standard going forward?

It's the same with G-sync and VRR, can't stuff just work without all this fiddling?

Using a C9 with a 2080ti, nothing but fiddling around for different content.

Microsoft and Nvidia need to go back to the drawing board and redesign HDR on windows properly from the ground up.

Anyway after installing Windows May update and 450.99 clean i get a mouse overlay square in chrome youtube when watching 4K60 HDR content now. something to do with mouse overlay/shadow/trails conflicting with HDR.. stuffed if i know. seems like a rare old reported problem, seems like the only solution is to reinstall windows Why is HDR on windows 10 so broken? :(

This is the exact problem i am having, posted by someone else https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fHs7DlKR40wdbV-qYNtWgyUvDum7Xm12/view

submitted by /u/pittyh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pittyh, Jun 2, 2020

2. Broken HDR over display port 1.4

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of your monitor?
    2. Were you able to use HDR, prior to this issue?
    3. Was there any major change or update on your system, before which you were able to use the HDR option over display port 1.4?

Reply with the status of the issue, in-order to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 2, 2020
  3. R-T-B Win User
    HDR Washed out on Windows 10

That was suggested in post number 3 I thought?

R-T-B, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Why is HDR on windows 10 so broken?

Windows 10 HDR & SDR

Quotes from this
    article
    :

To enjoy HDR video, you need the right content, hardware and software.

To get HDR, go to Settings > System > Display, and turn on “HDR and WCG.”

This
    article
    gives you a list of requirements.

Smittychat., Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Why is HDR on windows 10 so broken?

1. Why is HDR on windows 10 so broken? - Similar Threads - Why HDR broken

2. HDR with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR with windows 10: HiI'm having a trouble with my Samsung Odyssey G7, SDR looks much better then HDR.I'm running: i9 9900K with RTX2080ti, latest drivers and windows updates Win ver. 21H1 / OS buil 19043.985DxDiag info:Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported...
  3. Why is Windows Hello so broken for me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Windows Hello so broken for me?: It gets so annoying, I scan my fingerprint, it says “Hello, Andrew!” like it’s about to unlock, but then it just doesn’t, and when I try to scan again it just flickers the prompt and doesn’t unlock. This gets really annoying because I have a longer password. Why is this so...
  4. Why is Photo viewer for Windows 10 so broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Photo viewer for Windows 10 so broken?: I have folders full of photos taken from my phone. All I wish to do is simply look through the photos and delete those I don't want. Since windows 10 this simple task is impossible, which is why I have a backlog of thousands of photos. I can only do a few at a time and it's...
  5. Why is windows so broken and deprecated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is windows so broken and deprecated: Permission issues, had a bluescreen this morning trying to delete a folder on my desktop. Everything is messy, junky, unstable, restricted. Who the hell work on windows? What are they doing all day? I'd be ashamed to work for Microsoft under the windows branch. Can...
  6. Why is Windows 10 Bluetooth so so so bad ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is Windows 10 Bluetooth so so so bad ?: I am sick of connecting through Bluetooth on my Windows 10 1. Disconnects automatically randomly 2. Bluetooth is on but can't connect to the device because it tells that your bluetooth is off. 3. Devices appear when bluetooth is toggled off, disappear when toggled on. 4....
  7. Why is 1909 so broken for me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is 1909 so broken for me?: OS Build: 18363.476 I've been having issues about audio recently, fixed that, now after updating to the "latest" build of 1909, Windows Defender breaks, then my web browsers break, then Malwarebytes breaks! What's going on, Microsoft? EDIT: Restarting fixes it, then after a...
  8. Why is windows so trash and broken? and why hasn't Microsoft as a company been broken apart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is windows so trash and broken? and why hasn't Microsoft as a company been broken apart?: This is basically a trillion dollar company that can't update it's own drivers. it's pathetic. Why does the system look like 3 or 4 different versions of windows in one? How is this acceptable? I have to go to one area to update this. another to update that. Windows will...
  9. Broken HDR over display port 1.4

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken HDR over display port 1.4: I have a nvidia gtx 1080ti, which is display port 1.4 and also have a display port 1.4 cable, my problem is I can run HDR over the HDMI connection but my monitor is also adaptive sync which can only be run on display port and I can not for the life of me get HDR to enable in...
  10. windows 10 and HDR

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows 10 and HDR: i have the creators update and HDR ready hardware. i want to play a full UHD BR rip. i'm using media player classic home cinema and madVR. should i be using RGB full in the nvidia control panel or one of the ycbcr settings? when i wanted to play an HDR game i had to use ycbcr...