Windows 10: Why Is HDR Video In Full Screen Not Working Properly?

Discus and support Why Is HDR Video In Full Screen Not Working Properly? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have play HDR games and apps Stream HDR video on in the settings for both my external monitor and my laptop display. I have a Dell Inspirion 15 5000... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FamilyResearch, May 7, 2020.

1. Why Is HDR Video In Full Screen Not Working Properly?

I have play HDR games and apps Stream HDR video on in the settings for both my external monitor and my laptop display. I have a Dell Inspirion 15 5000 series laptop and it may or may not be the problem rather than windows 10.

At the bottom of the settings I adjust the brightness, when I go to youtube to look at 4K HDR video, the videos work perfectly when they are in default video and also in theater mode but when I put it in full screen the whole screen dims and all the color is gone. The only way to get the correct color is if I drag something over the video, it seems to work in the background but not in the foreground. Also if I hover the mouse over certain things to bring up the yellow information card the video will clear up also. Another way is I have two monitors, my laptop monitor and my external monitor, if I have a window in full screen on the other monitor while I am watching video the picture quality isn't degraded, it's only when it's in the foreground that the color seems to be degarded.

:)

FamilyResearch, May 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : Imgur

Full screen mode (HDR off) : Imgur

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work Why Is HDR Video In Full Screen Not Working Properly? :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, May 7, 2020
  3. Videos Crash Screen When on other SDR monitor when HDR is turned on

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as the HDR videos crashes in a SDR display. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • How are you projecting the displays in the PC? (Extended/Duplicate)

When you first connect an external display to a laptop, Windows will duplicate your desktop on both displays by default. However, HDR isn’t supported in this configuration. To view HDR content on the external HDR monitor or TV,
    extend your desktop across both displays:

However, you can refer these articles for additional information:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

Display requirements for HDR video in Windows 10

HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 7, 2020
  4. Why Is HDR Video In Full Screen Not Working Properly?

HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Why Is HDR Video In Full Screen Not Working Properly?

1. Why Is HDR Video In Full Screen Not Working Properly? - Similar Threads - Why HDR Video

2. Why does entering full screen when playing back HDR video when in HDR, disable it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does entering full screen when playing back HDR video when in HDR, disable it?: Hi,My machine:CPU_7 5800XGPU_3070TiRAM_32BG3200MhzMOBO_X570-A Prohas been playing HDR content back no problem - both on YouTube and from files on the machine. Today I've encountered a weird issue, where entering Full Screen mode, while playing back HDR movies from storage,...
  3. Why does entering full screen when playing back HDR video when in HDR, disable it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does entering full screen when playing back HDR video when in HDR, disable it?: Hi,My machine:CPU_7 5800XGPU_3070TiRAM_32BG3200MhzMOBO_X570-A Prohas been playing HDR content back no problem - both on YouTube and from files on the machine. Today I've encountered a weird issue, where entering Full Screen mode, while playing back HDR movies from storage,...
  4. Why does entering full screen when playing back HDR video when in HDR, disable it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  6. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  7. HDR minimize game in full screen

8. Why is my video not in full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my video not in full screen?: Recently some other people and I have been recording games using the Xbox Game Bar, but the result is the video being smaller and moved towards one corner of the screen. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for helping [IMG]...
  9. Why Is HDR Video Quality Distorted in Full Screen Faded/Gray Scale?

Why Is HDR Video Quality Distorted in Full Screen Faded/Gray Scale?: I have play HDR games and apps Stream HDR video on in the settings for both my external monitor and my laptop display. I have a Dell Inspirion 15 5000 series laptop and it may or may not be the problem rather than windows 10. At the bottom of the settings I adjust the...
  10. Problem with HDR in full screen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with HDR in full screen mode: In full screen games HDR mode gets disabled and all the colors are washed out. But in Windows Mode HDR mode gets enabled and the SDR game runs in HDR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-hdr-in-full-screen-mode/d28365a6-3efc-464a-bc48-7714efbf781b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdr going yellow in fullscreen games AMD