Windows 10: Why is Host Process for Setting synchronization running?

Discus and support Why is Host Process for Setting synchronization running? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, this process is running all the time in task manager. I don't use onedrive, or any email client. Also i have disabled synchronization in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chromerook83998, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Why is Host Process for Setting synchronization running?

Hello,

this process is running all the time in task manager. I don't use onedrive, or any email client. Also i have disabled synchronization in privacy settings and in gpedit. Yet when i login, i notice in task manager some process, i think "microsoft sync". Than it quickly disappears. But former process is running all the time. How do i prevent this for running? I am not using synchronization.

I also noticed microsoft store install service is running, startup is on manual. Yet i didn't open store and not using it. Can i disable this service, or it is used for something. I am not using store generally speaking too.

Please can you answer directly, instead of some vague answer.

Thanks!

:)

chromerook83998, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

How to solve Host process for setting synchronization cpu/memory/disk usage

Hi,

The Host process for setting synchronization is a process that synchronizes system settings like wallpaper, theme color, and Internet Explorer bookmarks for any computer that you log into using your Microsoft account. If
    you turn off your sync settings, this process should be automatically disabled as well. To turn off your sync settings, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Choose Sync your settings from the left pane.
    • Turn off Sync settings.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if your computer's performance improves after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 6, 2020
  3. After Install, Host Process for Setting Synchronization causing flashing screen

After one of the install reboots, my desktop came up never fully loads. Instead it keeps refreshing. It seems that the Host Process for Setting Synchronization is what is being reset or retrying to Synch, since the screen keeps flashing. I looked at
    task manager and it is what is using the most CPU time. Because of this I can't finish the Win 10 install. Any suggestions?

JerryNatsFan, Nov 6, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Why is Host Process for Setting synchronization running?

what does this mesage mean Host Process for Setting Synchronization

Hi Michael

Host Process for Setting Synchronization is a legitimate processes involved in User Account Syncing across multiple PC's

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Accounts - Sync your Settings

Turn off account syncing on that page

That should stop that message . . .

DaveM121, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Why is Host Process for Setting synchronization running?

1. Why is Host Process for Setting synchronization running? - Similar Threads - Why Host Process

2. “SettingSyncHost.exe” is the process that synchronizes your system settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “SettingSyncHost.exe” is the process that synchronizes your system settings: “SettingSyncHost.exe”Thanks for searching your question on the Microsoft community.According to the description of the problem, I understand that you are willing to know what “SettingSyncHost.exe” do.“SettingSyncHost.exe” is the process that synchronizes your system settings...
  3. “SettingSyncHost.exe” is the process that synchronizes your system settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “SettingSyncHost.exe” is the process that synchronizes your system settings: “SettingSyncHost.exe”Thanks for searching your question on the Microsoft community.According to the description of the problem, I understand that you are willing to know what “SettingSyncHost.exe” do.“SettingSyncHost.exe” is the process that synchronizes your system settings...
  4. “SettingSyncHost.exe” is the process that synchronizes your system settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Host Process for Setting Synchronization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Host Process for Setting Synchronization: I noticed this morning for the first time that Host Process for Setting Synchronization is running. It's at the top of Disk and CPU in Task Manager and has been for a couple of hours. Here's the thing - I don't have any other devices; it's just me and my desktop. So why is...
  6. Host Process for Setting Synchronization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Process for Setting Synchronization: I noticed this morning for the first time that Host Process for Setting Synchronization is running. It's at the top of Disk and CPU in Task Manager and has been for a couple of hours. Here's the thing - I don't have any other devices; it's just me and my desktop. So why is...
  7. Host Process for Setting Synchronization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. what does this mesage mean Host Process for Setting Synchronization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what does this mesage mean Host Process for Setting Synchronization: got a message windows defender wall has blocked some features of this app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mesage-mean-host-process-for/bfe72436-dfc1-4276-8df4-c0665c0f572e"
  9. Host process for Setting Synchronization SettingSyncHost.exe – High CPU usage

in Windows 10 News
    Host process for Setting Synchronization SettingSyncHost.exe – High CPU usage: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Setting Synchronization (SettingSyncHost.exe) process is a necessary process in the Windows OS, which is responsible for synchronizing the settings of your system with other devices. It replicates settings like Internet Explorer, OneDrive, wallpapers,...
  10. host processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    host processes: In the last few days Windows has been getting slower. It took 20 minutes this morning to load. Task manager is showing about 40 or more host processes running taking up about half my RAM and up to 50% CPU usage. How can I get rid of all these local processes?...