Windows 10: why is internet explorer stopping?

Discus and support why is internet explorer stopping? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why is internet explorer stopping? i think "edge" is JUNK...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wilsonpickette, Jun 17, 2020.

1. why is internet explorer stopping?

why is internet explorer stopping? i think "edge" is JUNK...

:)

wilsonpickette, Jun 17, 2020

2. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 17, 2020
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

why is internet explorer stopping? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Pavan_N Win User

why is internet explorer stopping?

internet explorer has stopped working

Hi Lawrence,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

What is the exact error message you get?

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Do let us know if Internet Explorer started working. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

why is internet explorer stopping?

1. why is internet explorer stopping? - Similar Threads - why internet explorer

2. .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer: .XMl Files wont stop opening in internet explorer on windows 10 Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-files-wont-stop-opening-in-internet-explorer/90c020fe-a94a-42fe-bd68-701373a8356d
  3. .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer: .XMl Files wont stop opening in internet explorer on windows 10 Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-files-wont-stop-opening-in-internet-explorer/90c020fe-a94a-42fe-bd68-701373a8356d
  4. .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer: What happen if I disable Internet explorer? Is my game and apps will have bad problem after I disable Internet explorer? I don't use Internet explorer. It is connected with Edge. I have chrome as my default browser....
  6. File Explorer Stops Internet Connection

File Explorer Stops Internet Connection: When opening the file explorer for any reason all internet connection seizes and returns 10 seconds later observed in resource monitor. There's literally 4 instances of this problem on google and none have the solution. im using a usb nic but i doubt that has anything to do...
  7. Internet Explorer . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer . . .: I'm having some problems, with Internet Explorer. I want to uninstall it. But, I might reinstall it later. I opened the, Control Panel. Uninstall. But, Internet Explorer, was not there? How can I, uninstall it . . . If I, can't see it? I could, go here. To take care, of...
  8. why does windows stop me from installing internet explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why does windows stop me from installing internet explorer windows 10: everytime i try to install internet explorer it fails WHY ????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-stop-me-from-installing-internet/15523b03-2ed4-4e86-ac7e-36aee8c0ec0d
  9. Why was internet explorer running on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why was internet explorer running on its own?: So my laptop was heating up, and its fans produced a lot of sound, I cheked the task manager, and I saw that Interner Explorer was yaking up 30% of my CPU, on top of that, I havent launched Internet Explorer at the first place. Does anyone know the reason behind this?...
  10. why windows explorer stop responding

why windows explorer stop responding: explorer displays not responding and hangs. this happens when I highlight a few files or as I scroll to look for files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-explorer-stop-responding/559c8e39-d164-4abd-83ae-9028bd294661"