Windows 10: Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?!

Discus and support Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I built a new pc and am using my storage from the old on the new one and tried to log in. It said Microsoft needed to update and change my pin for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Graham Haynie, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?!

I built a new pc and am using my storage from the old on the new one and tried to log in. It said Microsoft needed to update and change my pin for security reason. Ok, fine. What’s not fine is that now every time I tried and I used two step to send me a code it would just send me a 6 digit one when it said it required 7. And I followed the other steps and now my account email is gonna be changed in a month because I tried to follow the directions. Cant stop it cuz I have to VERIFY. I just want my account back. I’ve done everything. I’ve tried everything. Give me my account back.

:)

Graham Haynie, Jan 10, 2023

2. Authenticator- 6 digit code vs 8 digit

I got a new phone and now my Authenticator code is 8 digits so it no longer works with my site

From another post:

How do I go back to a 6 digit code

* Original title: 6 digit code vs 8 digit

susanaenriquez, Jan 10, 2023
  3. need 6 digit code for Quick Assist in Win 10

Hi David,

We would like to clarify what the previous Community Forum Moderator suggested. Once you follow the steps that he provided, you will need to click on
    Get Assistance, and then follow the instructions in
    Quick Assist.
    The 6-digit code will be provided by the one who will assist you. He/She should choose
    Give assistance instead to be able to get the 6-digit code.

You will request assistance from a helper (either a friend or Microsoft Support). Both start Quick Assist and the helper sends a security code to the person who needs help. The person who needs help enters the code and gives permission to the helper,
    who is then able to take control of that person’s computer and provide assistance over the remote connection.

Do let us know if you have further concerns.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 10, 2023
  4. Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?!

need 6-digit code for quick assist?

quick assist asked for a 6 digit code number for the person taking over my computer.

StephenYelich, Jan 10, 2023
Thema:

Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?!

1. Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?! - Similar Threads - Why asking seven

2. why I only get 6 digit code even though it ask 7 digit code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why I only get 6 digit code even though it ask 7 digit code?: I keep getting 6 digit code it it always sent after 3- 4 minute. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-only-get-6-digit-code-even-though-it-ask-7/210c1926-b55a-4b98-b6a0-d7f0ee3e6fdb
  3. why I only get 6 digit code even though it ask 7 digit code?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why I only get 6 digit code even though it ask 7 digit code?: I keep getting 6 digit code it it always sent after 3- 4 minute. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-only-get-6-digit-code-even-though-it-ask-7/210c1926-b55a-4b98-b6a0-d7f0ee3e6fdb
  4. Get emailed 6 digit code but password rest asks for 7 digit code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get emailed 6 digit code but password rest asks for 7 digit code.: While resetting my passowrd on windows 11, I enter my email address to send a code to reset password. The code sent is 6 digits. The passowrd reset on windows 11 asks for 7 digits. I know this was asked in January but it appears to be BACK....
  5. Get emailed 6 digit code but password rest asks for 7 digit code.

Get emailed 6 digit code but password rest asks for 7 digit code.: While resetting my passowrd on windows 11, I enter my email address to send a code to reset password. The code sent is 6 digits. The passowrd reset on windows 11 asks for 7 digits. I know this was asked in January but it appears to be BACK....
  6. Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?!

Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?!: I built a new pc and am using my storage from the old on the new one and tried to log in. It said Microsoft needed to update and change my pin for security reason. Ok, fine. What’s not fine is that now every time I tried and I used two step to send me a code it would just...
  7. Cant login to microsoft.com, sends me a 6 digit code, then asks for 7 digit code. tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant login to microsoft.com, sends me a 6 digit code, then asks for 7 digit code. tried...: Any help with this please, clearly an issue on the microsoft side. please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-microsoftcom-sends-me-a-6-digit-code/68087c5b-5afb-4884-bed7-968ee18de4e7
  8. Cant login to microsoft.com, sends me a 6 digit code, then asks for 7 digit code. tried...

Cant login to microsoft.com, sends me a 6 digit code, then asks for 7 digit code. tried...: Any help with this please, clearly an issue on the microsoft side. please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-microsoftcom-sends-me-a-6-digit-code/68087c5b-5afb-4884-bed7-968ee18de4e7
  9. Why send a 6 digit code but demand a 7 digit code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why send a 6 digit code but demand a 7 digit code?: I'm trying to reset the password on my laptop cause for some reason my pin is invalid and I keep getting 5 digit verification codes but then I keep getting told I need 7 digit codes.SEND ME THE 7 DIGIT CODE THENWHAT IS THE POINT OF SENDING THE 6 DIGIT CODE...
  10. Why send a 6 digit code but demand a 7 digit code?

Why send a 6 digit code but demand a 7 digit code?: I'm trying to reset the password on my laptop cause for some reason my pin is invalid and I keep getting 5 digit verification codes but then I keep getting told I need 7 digit codes.SEND ME THE 7 DIGIT CODE THENWHAT IS THE POINT OF SENDING THE 6 DIGIT CODE...