Windows 10: Why is it greyed out?

Discus and support Why is it greyed out? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; And I can't even see the icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-greyed-out/d6e4699e-f0f8-4196-94d7-bad8bb8d2459 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sushruth_944, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Why is it greyed out?

And I can't even see the icon

:)

Sushruth_944, Sep 9, 2021
  2. Flowcoat Win User

Windows 10 Windows Installer (msiserver) greyed out

I have tried to un-grey the properties in Windows Installer which is continually showing as 'running' but nothing is being installed. When I do try and update I get the 'another installation is happening' error message. It's set to manual. I've clicked
    on 'more actions' and it is still greyed out. Any other suggestions as at the moment I can't update anything.

Flowcoat, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Colors looking grey in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the colors look grey on your computer. I would suggest you to check the color filters in Settings and see if that helps. Kindly, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + U, to open
      Ease of Access Settings
    2. Now, select Color filters from the left pane.
    3. Under Use color filters, toggle the switch to
      off for Turn on color filters.
    4. Clear the check box for Allow the shortcut key to toggle filter on or off.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Why is it greyed out?

Sync is greyed out and turned off; how do I correct

Hi Michael,

I would suggest you to ty disabling Windows Firewall and check if you are able to turn the setting on by following the steps:

• Search Windows Firewall using Cortana.
    • Under Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.

You can also refer to the post of Arul_D by clicking this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Why is it greyed out?

1. Why is it greyed out? - Similar Threads - Why greyed

2. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  3. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  4. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?: Can someone help me figure out why my audio input settings are greyed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-audio-input-settings-greyed-out-and/902fbc6d-154a-4601-99e5-782ef056f3c0
  6. Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?

Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?: Can someone help me figure out why my audio input settings are greyed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-audio-input-settings-greyed-out-and/902fbc6d-154a-4601-99e5-782ef056f3c0
  7. Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why is the share button grey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the share button grey: So ive been trying to share the game file to my friend under private local network, and i have all the switchs on the advanced sharing settings turned on except password protected sharing. My friend can see my computer and the folder I shared, but when he tries to access the...
  9. Why is the share button grey

Why is the share button grey: So ive been trying to share the game file to my friend under private local network, and i have all the switchs on the advanced sharing settings turned on except password protected sharing. My friend can see my computer and the folder I shared, but when he tries to access the...
  10. why is my camera grey and laptop saying my camera is being elsewhere but no other app is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my camera grey and laptop saying my camera is being elsewhere but no other app is...: my camera isnt working all of a sudden its grey and not letting me record, I cant use zoom or kaltura because it says the camera is in use. This is the first time this has happened, I've turned off melware, done updates, uninstalled apps and nothing is fixing it...