Windows 10: Why is it Notifications comes up to View Backup Options & when clicking on it nothing happens?

Discus and support Why is it Notifications comes up to View Backup Options & when clicking on it nothing happens? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This Notification comes up gives me the option to View Backup options, but when you click on it, nothing comes up. It also has the option to Turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ruth2340, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Ruth2340 Win User

Why is it Notifications comes up to View Backup Options & when clicking on it nothing happens?

This Notification comes up gives me the option to View Backup options, but when you click on it, nothing comes up. It also has the option to Turn off that notification, b ut of course that does not work either because next day and every day after that notification comes back up. My Files are backed up to One Drive. But since I lost all my pictures in One Drive. I use a Flash Drive/Portable Drive to save my pictures and I do not plan to change that ever again. I had to rescan all my pictures that were lost, and still have some lost that I did not have hard copies of, so that is not an option for me to backup through any Backup option on my PC. So guess I will just have to keep clicking TURN OFF THIS NOTIFICATION and maybe one day Microsoft will fix that. If anyone has suggestions they would be welcome unless of course it is from someone who thinks I am computer literate and lists 10 steps and reboots. That I ignore. Just saying.

:)

Ruth2340, Dec 17, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Meghana C Win User
    issue with backup options Windows 10

Hi David,

I will certainly help with the issue you are facing with backup option.

To assist you better, kindly provide the information:

• How exactly are you trying to perform back up? Is it from the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) or File History?

• Which drive have you selected to back up? Is it an external drive or a network drive or a local drive of the system?

• When you say 'only allows me to do another backup with the same options', which options are you referring to?

• Are you unable to select a different drive for a backup from the backup destination list?
    If you are using a Backup and Restore (Windows 7) option then, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Type backup and restore in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on setup backup option.

• Click on refresh button to check if the drives are visible in the
      backup destination list.

• Choose the drive which you want to back up and click on
      next.
    If you are trying to use file history I suggest you to un-plug it and restart your computer. Re-plug the external drive and check if the file history options are available.

Please get back to us with the information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Why is it Notifications comes up to View Backup Options & when clicking on it nothing happens?

Windows 10 does not show backup and restore notification.

Hi,

This issue might occur if notifications are not turned on. I suggest you to
    turn on all notification settings
    and check if that helps. Refer the steps below.

• Type Notification and actions settings on Search and hit Enter.
    • Turn on all Notifications: Restart your computer and check.
    Do let us know if you get backup and restore notification. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Why is it Notifications comes up to View Backup Options & when clicking on it nothing happens? - Similar Threads - Why Notifications comes

2. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  3. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  4. is it supposed to be there? comes up after every restart. Nothing happens when i click. Its...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it supposed to be there? comes up after every restart. Nothing happens when i click. Its...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Schemus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/101eqf5/is_it_supposed_to_be_there_comes_up_after_every/
  5. Nothing happens when I click on any option in WinRE Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing happens when I click on any option in WinRE Windows 10: Windows just updated something, and my Desktop PC is just a crashing mess. BSoD over and over with various error codes though mostly Invalid Process Attach Attempt. Can't get Windows to run long enough to uninstall update, or use SFC or DISM in command prompt, and if I go to...
  6. Nothing happens when I backup a system image.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing happens when I backup a system image.: I made a system image of my SATA c drive, which contains windows on it, and I wanted to move it to a new NVME drive. After putting the image on my NVME drive and putting the media creation tool on a USB thumb drive and proceeded with the transfer. I did everything as I should...
  7. Nothing happens when I click on any of these

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click on any of these: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueMonkey35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfre2p/nothing_happens_when_i_click_on_any_of_these/
  8. when I click on settings, nothing comes up, can't click on any of the options listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I click on settings, nothing comes up, can't click on any of the options listed: setting display is blank except for options on left hand of screen but am unable to click on any of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-settings-nothing-comes-up-cant/13794c95-915b-468a-a7e9-e301b1150702
  9. LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options...: Hello everybody I have a Lenovo W540 laptop (i7, 32GB, FPR sensor, Pantone colorimeter) and I just upgraded to Windows 10. In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options) When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint...
  10. Notifications Do Nothing When I Click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications Do Nothing When I Click: When I open the Notification area and click on a notification (e.g. a new email), nothing happens: it simply disappears! I have an Asus N550JV with Windows 10 Home (1809)...