Windows 10: Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?

Discus and support Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Alright, so, I have a few questions. I'm on Windows 7, and I have a multitude of malware scanners, such as Malware Bytes, Avast, and Hitman Pro, and a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ErinWilson2, May 19, 2020.

1. Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?

Alright, so, I have a few questions. I'm on Windows 7, and I have a multitude of malware scanners, such as Malware Bytes, Avast, and Hitman Pro, and a few browser/startup scanners.

Recently, Hitman Pro has discovered three .dll files under the name FS.dll and it is categorized as malware. As Hitman seems to be reliable but a touchy scanner, I scanned with Avast and Malware Bytes and it found zero results, even scanning the direct .dll files, which, by the way, are under the directory: C:\Users\My PC Username\AppData\Local\Temp, and then under three files:

1. HYDD88C.tmp.1487195022
    2. HYD5366.tmp.1487195971
    3. HYD1898.tmp.1489503292

These folders seem to be related to utorrent, which I have used in the past. It does not explain the recent rise of these .dll files are

And under each of those files, they have a directory, where the .dll files can be found going through \HTA\3rdparty\ on each. Upon doing so, I can find two files in each:

• The FS.dll file
    • and an .ocx ActiveX Control file, which, to be honest, I am not sure what it is, but it isn't registered as malware by my scanners.

I have looked these up on the web, with no results on file info, saying they are still gathering info on them, or are not sure what they are. I have scanned these with VirusTotal, and a ratio of about 14/64 are scanned as viruses.

I am tempted to delete them, as any person would, but I cannot back my computer up at the moment. I don't know much about these directories, and I am tempted to delete the .dll and .ocx in each file.

I'm a fair noob when it comes to this stuff, and I need someone to describe what these files are, what the folders are, and what I should delete if any, and how to safely remove them from my computer.

Why is it on my PC -  FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware? ef650893-9621-45de-beaa-d4cec5b34268?upload=true.png

Why is it on my PC -  FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware? 7f37fe71-551d-4946-852f-6a244e73910b?upload=true.png

:)

ErinWilson2, May 19, 2020

2. DLL Module TODGUB6.dll is misssing

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Sometimes scanning your PC for virus/malware infection once will not get detected. Scan your PC twice for detecting malware or virus attack by running the anti-virus software and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persist re-register the .dll files by following the steps below and check if you are facing similar issue.

Dynamic link library (DLL) is a collection of small programs, which can be called upon when needed by the executable program (EXE) that is running. When one of the DLL file is corrupted, then executable program
    will fail to perform properly. So we need to re-register the DLL files.

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt(Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type the commands mentioned below and press
      Enter
      after each command-
    regsvr32 ntdll.dll /s

regsvr32 msdxm.ocx /s

regsvr32 dxmasf.dll /s

regsvr32 wmp.dll /s

regsvr32 wmpdxm.dll /s

• After registering DLL files restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 19, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Registering a dll

Hi Donald,

There are a lot of factors for this matter. to isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What application does the .dll belongs to?

• Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software?

• Aside from downloading and installing the .dll file, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 19, 2020
  4. Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?

Error: missing msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll with message: not designed to run on Windows or are corrupted on Windows 10 while playing Smite game

Hi Estelito,

Thank you for responding.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Unregister and re-register the msvcp110.dll and then check if you come across the issue.

Step 1: Steps to un-register
    msvcp110.dll

• Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • Type regsvr32 /u msvcp110.dll
    • Click on OK.
    • Close the Run command window

Step 2:
    Steps to re-register msvcp110.dll

• Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • Type regsvr32 /i msvcp110.dll
    • Click on OK.
    • Close the Run command window and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Check if you have not deleted the msvcp110.dll file by mistake on your device.

Check for the file in Recycle bin. If found restore back.

Method 3: I suggest you to run the Microsoft Safety Scanner
    and check.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Also, when you perform Microsoft Safety Scanner from the link provided, data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential
    for data loss.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?

1. Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware? - Similar Threads - Why dll antivirus

2. Unable to register any dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to register any dll: I'm trying to register dll's on my new machine but i'm unable to register and throwing an error. Attaching snapshot for reference. Tried many ways but ended up with same error again n again. Could someone help me out please?...
  3. Unable to register any dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to register any dll: I'm trying to register dll's on my new machine but i'm unable to register and throwing an error. Attaching snapshot for reference. Tried many ways but ended up with same error again n again. Could someone help me out please?...
  4. Unable to register any dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. FM20.DLL not correctly registered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FM20.DLL not correctly registered: Hello everyone! Whenever I try to open the software GEPath, I get the error "Component FM20.DLL or one its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". I have already registered it in the command and got the notification "DllRegisterServer in FM20.DLL...
  6. FM20.DLL not correctly registered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FM20.DLL not correctly registered: Hello everyone! Whenever I try to open the software GEPath, I get the error "Component FM20.DLL or one its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". I have already registered it in the command and got the notification "DllRegisterServer in FM20.DLL...
  7. FM20.DLL not correctly registered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Why Does My PC Get Virus' and Malware?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Does My PC Get Virus' and Malware?: My Windows version is 2004 (OS Build 19041.508) I recently had to take my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC to the repair shop because it took for ever to boot up and I lost my Internet connection. The technician told me the machine had all kinds of virus and malware. Many of the...
  9. AMD64.dll failed to register

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD64.dll failed to register: hii, can any one help I'm tryingbto install cst studio suite student 2019 version but during installion a error occures as: Error 1904.C:\program filesx86 CST STUDIO SUITE 2019\AMD64\CSTInfo_AMD64.dll failed to register i spent almost 3 hrs surfing the youtube please give...
  10. Microsoft Files registers as malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Files registers as malware: I have anti-virus and anti-malware program (avast and malwarebytes). Whenever I scan malwarebytes, these 4 files always registers as malware/riskware. Is it really? Just have to make sure before I quarantine it. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HYD1898 tmp permissionsCopy