Windows 10: Why is it only showing part of the Xbox game bar? Isn’t it also supposed to show my friends...

Discus and support Why is it only showing part of the Xbox game bar? Isn’t it also supposed to show my friends... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jado_05 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jado_05, May 31, 2020.

1. Why is it only showing part of the Xbox game bar? Isn’t it also supposed to show my friends...

/u/jado_05, May 31, 2020
  2. eliasbenb Win User

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

EDIT:

• Edit 1: still no actual answer for a way to fix this. But I just factory reset my PC, the volume mixer works perfectly now. I know this is not the answer you wanted, but it's all we have
    Before I go into details do not suggest:

• Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app
    • Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command
    • Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows
    • Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page

OK, now that we go that out of the way. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks. The issue is that the Xbox Game Bar doesn't display the volume mixer correctly, it only shows the main audio driver's volume mixer and nothing else (no app volume mixer like:
    CS:GO, Microsoft Edge Beta, Spotify etc.).

Photo for reference:

Why is it only showing part of the Xbox game bar? Isn’t it also supposed to show my friends... 60f145ea-e940-4f04-a916-f79e664003a1?upload=true.png

For the Microsoft employees reading this, this is a persistent issue in Windows. I will list other posts on this forum with the same issue to show the scale of the issue. All of these posts have not been solved so far:

eliasbenb, May 31, 2020
  3. New Game Bar Keeps Me Signed Into My Xbox Account

So since the new Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Social or whatever its called has been stealth installed in the latest Window 10 update, if i happen to open it on my PC (Windows Key + G) it will automatically show as online on my Xbox Friends list. If i then close
    Game Bar (Windows Key + G) then it does not sign me out of my Xbox account and still shows me as online to all my friends in my friends list!!!.

I cant even see an option to sign out when Game Bar is loaded, so i cant even sign out before closing game bar down again!!!

If my xbox account isnt showing me as online until i load up Game Bar on my PC (it isnt i got a friend to check to see if i was online before i loaded up Game Bar on the PC and i was told i was NOT online) then surely when you close the Game Bar you would
    expect it to sign you out but it does not!!

This is really annoying as you get friends send you game request or messages when you dont even have the game bar open on the PC!

KarlLetting, May 31, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Why is it only showing part of the Xbox game bar? Isn’t it also supposed to show my friends...

Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the recordings using the Game Bar shows black screen. However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• Were you able to install the drivers?
    • Were you able to use the recording feature earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you have updated the graphics driver, I would suggest you to try rolling back the drivers and see if that helps:

1. Press the Windows Logo key + X key, and select
      Device manager.
    2. In Device manager, expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on AMD driver and select
      Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to check whether the Xbox Game Monitoring service is running or not. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Why is it only showing part of the Xbox game bar? Isn’t it also supposed to show my friends...

1. Why is it only showing part of the Xbox game bar? Isn’t it also supposed to show my friends... - Similar Threads - Why showing part

2. Why isn’t my taskbar showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn’t my taskbar showing up: So my pc just updated the most recent windows update. And now my taskbar disappeared, now I can’t click on or use any of the apps that were on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-taskbar-showing-up/24af760f-a1ec-4950-a351-8031c0ad0cec
  3. Why isn’t my taskbar showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn’t my taskbar showing up: So my pc just updated the most recent windows update. And now my taskbar disappeared, now I can’t click on or use any of the apps that were on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-taskbar-showing-up/24af760f-a1ec-4950-a351-8031c0ad0cec
  4. Xbox Game Bar doesn't show FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't show FPS: Like in the description. I click on demand access, the admin prompt comes up asking me if I want to make changes, I say yes, nothing happens. I restarted the computer many times, ran sfcscannow. I have Windows 10 HOME, so I cannot use the troubleshooting method presented to...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn't show FPS

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show FPS: Like in the description. I click on demand access, the admin prompt comes up asking me if I want to make changes, I say yes, nothing happens. I restarted the computer many times, ran sfcscannow. I have Windows 10 HOME, so I cannot use the troubleshooting method presented to...
  6. Will uninstalling Xbox also remove Xbox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will uninstalling Xbox also remove Xbox Game Bar?: Just a quick yes or no question.I don't think I will play any Microsoft games but the game bar seems useful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-uninstalling-xbox-also-remove-xbox-game-bar/41d705c6-15ac-4b4b-aa96-2d0d772d6122
  7. Will uninstalling Xbox also remove Xbox Game Bar?

Will uninstalling Xbox also remove Xbox Game Bar?: Just a quick yes or no question.I don't think I will play any Microsoft games but the game bar seems useful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-uninstalling-xbox-also-remove-xbox-game-bar/41d705c6-15ac-4b4b-aa96-2d0d772d6122
  8. Xbox Game Bar + Networking showing Blocked

Xbox Game Bar + Networking showing Blocked: Hi, About 2 weeks ago my Xbox Game Bar worked perfectly and had no issues at all pp until last week, when suddenly whenever I joined a party it would say connecting... then showed a yellow exclamation mark and said "Something went wrong with your party. Try again later."...
  9. this is what Happening when i open xbox game bar only the Audio part is showing any idea?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this is what Happening when i open xbox game bar only the Audio part is showing any idea?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ExoLucid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkmgl8/this_is_what_happening_when_i_open_xbox_game_bar/
  10. My Xbox game bar only shows this on windows 10, and does not show the overlay menu, social...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Xbox game bar only shows this on windows 10, and does not show the overlay menu, social...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jordiepw [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8c5lw/my_xbox_game_bar_only_shows_this_on_windows_10/