Windows 10: Why is it opening in Wordpad

Discus and support Why is it opening in Wordpad in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so I'm downloading a Docx file and its only opening in Wordpad and not google docs in chrome even though before the latest windows update it did how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yuval8ittai, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Why is it opening in Wordpad

so I'm downloading a Docx file and its only opening in Wordpad and not google docs in chrome even though before the latest windows update it did how do I fix that

submitted by /u/yuval8ittai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yuval8ittai, Mar 21, 2021
  2. namitakrs Win User

WordPad issue

I like to suggest you some steps as per my last experience follow these:
    Click -> Start menu -> type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar-> search and click on the result. -> open WordPad.
    If you’re find difficulty to open WordPad,
    the Press -> Windows + R key -> type ‘Write’ -> hit enter.
    You will WordPad application launching on the
    screen.
    or
    Navigate this path C:\windows\system32\ you will see a ‘write’ (File).
    The application is here now.

Why is it opening in Wordpad [​IMG]

or
    Just run an Office repair sofwtare to check if there will be any changes on the Word pad.

namitakrs, Mar 21, 2021
  3. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Why is it opening in Wordpad

Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Why is it opening in Wordpad

1. Why is it opening in Wordpad - Similar Threads - Why opening Wordpad

2. why word docs open as wordpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why word docs open as wordpad: when i open a word doc it opens as word appi am unfamiliar with word app and do not wish to use it as i can not see formattinghow can i remove word app and replace with word doc as a defultwhen i search, i cannot even find MS Word as an option on my laptop...
  3. why word docs open as wordpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why word docs open as wordpad: when i open a word doc it opens as word appi am unfamiliar with word app and do not wish to use it as i can not see formattinghow can i remove word app and replace with word doc as a defultwhen i search, i cannot even find MS Word as an option on my laptop...
  4. why word docs open as wordpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why is Wordpad slow to open if network access is available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Wordpad slow to open if network access is available.: Running Windows 11. Problem: I have small Wordpad doc which opens instantaneously when I have no network connection. When connected, I have to watch a swirling circle for over 30 seconds before I can access the Wordpad doc. Happens each time I close and open the doc. Not a...
  6. Why is Wordpad slow to open if network access is available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Wordpad slow to open if network access is available.: Running Windows 11. Problem: I have small Wordpad doc which opens instantaneously when I have no network connection. When connected, I have to watch a swirling circle for over 30 seconds before I can access the Wordpad doc. Happens each time I close and open the doc. Not a...
  7. aba file opening in wordpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    aba file opening in wordpad: I have ABA files for banking and I have opened it in wordpad and now it is set as default and now can't use it in banking app because I can't revert it back- I've unticked always open in this app and still doesn't work...
  8. WordPad opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WordPad opening in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 in a laptop one year old, 24GB RAM, 512 SSD I find it takes a long time to open WordPad, I don't have this problem with other software I use.How do I solve this....
  9. .jar file opens with wordpad.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .jar file opens with wordpad.: So recently I may have done something stupid. I'm not sure what I did but when I try to open a file with Java it opens on wordpad for some reason. I tried changing it to Java but I can't find Java. Is there anything I can do to fix this? submitted by /u/Koufpa [link]...
  10. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...