Windows 10: why is it so damn difficult to get to the "Change adapters setting page"?

Discus and support why is it so damn difficult to get to the "Change adapters setting page"? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; it was so simple in win 8, right click network icon and open network and sharing center I absolutely loath these full screen windows that are useless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/justreddit247, Jun 3, 2020.

1. why is it so damn difficult to get to the "Change adapters setting page"?

it was so simple in win 8, right click network icon and open network and sharing center

I absolutely loath these full screen windows that are useless

submitted by /u/justreddit247
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/justreddit247, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 3, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

why is it so damn difficult to get to the "Change adapters setting page"? install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

why is it so damn difficult to get to the "Change adapters setting page"? pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

why is it so damn difficult to get to the "Change adapters setting page"? select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

why is it so damn difficult to get to the "Change adapters setting page"? Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

why is it so damn difficult to get to the "Change adapters setting page"?

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

why is it so damn difficult to get to the "Change adapters setting page"?

1. why is it so damn difficult to get to the "Change adapters setting page"? - Similar Threads - why damn difficult

2. Why is it so difficult to set up multiple users in a family on Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it so difficult to set up multiple users in a family on Minecraft?: I have three kids - one no longer plays Minecraft but we bought it for him a long time ago. Our second and third kids both play it actively but have had to buy several copies with having one kid on Windows and another on a Mac. It is so difficult to get them set up to be able...
  3. Why is it so difficult to set up multiple users in a family on Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it so difficult to set up multiple users in a family on Minecraft?: I have three kids - one no longer plays Minecraft but we bought it for him a long time ago. Our second and third kids both play it actively but have had to buy several copies with having one kid on Windows and another on a Mac. It is so difficult to get them set up to be able...
  4. Why is it so difficult to get the bluetooth active again on the PC ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it so difficult to get the bluetooth active again on the PC ?: I have a bluetooth dongle which worked before but now has stopped lightening the blue light up. I saw this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intelr-wireless-bluetoothr-driver-errors/75ed6564-8987-4b65-a58d-e7e063333c0fIt summons it up. Endless time...
  5. Why is it so difficult to get the bluetooth active again on the PC ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it so difficult to get the bluetooth active again on the PC ?: I have a bluetooth dongle which worked before but now has stopped lightening the blue light up. I saw this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intelr-wireless-bluetoothr-driver-errors/75ed6564-8987-4b65-a58d-e7e063333c0fIt summons it up. Endless time...
  6. why are windows updates so damn ****?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why are windows updates so damn ****?: I was doing some lovely work on my windows 10 pc, it was going well, watching a movie too. Suddenly, my dinner is ready, some lovely spaghetti bolognese. Delicious. I hurridly ate my dinner, taking no more than 25 minutes. Arriving back at my pc I wonder, "whats this?", as...
  7. Why is the text so damn big?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is the text so damn big?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ImDeadInside27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmb9ro/why_is_the_text_so_damn_big/
  8. Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?: I had to totally reinstall winBLOWS because M$ has **** QA before releasing updates. Ok, great. Now, I am constantly trying to make Firefox my default browser because, well, M$ sucks. SUCKS. I want as few of their products on my machine as possible. I even had a tech do...
  9. Why is windows 10 so difficult to understand

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is windows 10 so difficult to understand: I would like to know why they made windows 10 so difficult to understand. my husband bought me a new laptop with that came with windows 10. His desktop has windows 7 ultimate and I find it very easy to understand. and are there any plans soon for a new and better system soon...
  10. why is transfer system to new HDD so damn difficult in windows 10? does microsoft not know...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is transfer system to new HDD so damn difficult in windows 10? does microsoft not know...: i already lost my project files 3 times because of windows 10 re-installs and now i am looking around because i need a new hdd, i found out the boot files are on the old hdd, instead of on the SSD I SELECTED TO BE IT ON IN THE FIRST PLACE. but this problem has been...