Windows 10: Why is it so difficult completing an email or Microsoft. the code numbers are unnecessary....

Discus and support Why is it so difficult completing an email or Microsoft. the code numbers are unnecessary.... in Cortana to solve the problem; I hope I finally got my email address for Microsoft. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by HildegardBlass, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Why is it so difficult completing an email or Microsoft. the code numbers are unnecessary....

I hope I finally got my email address for Microsoft.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

HildegardBlass, Dec 4, 2020

2. My Microsoft profile phone number

When I logged into Microsoft it asked whether to send a code to my email address or to my phone. The phone number is not my current phone. I have seen multiple postings asking the same question. "How do I change the phone number associated with my account",
    but I have yet to see an answer.

Can someone provide a straightforward list of steps to do this?

The category is wrong, but there was no category listed for Microsoft account

Thanks

farrut1922, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Tetsujin Win User
    How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Dec 4, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Why is it so difficult completing an email or Microsoft. the code numbers are unnecessary....

Outlook asking cellphone number

It is part of their security system. So if your account is compromised they can send a text to your cellphone with a code to verify your identity. It is part of their 2 step verification, supposedly you can enter an alternate email address instead of a cellphone number. You have to click like you are going to enter a cell phone, and on the page to enter your number there is an option to enter an alternate email instead.

If that doesn't work try this:

Click your name or picture in the top Outlook.com navigation bar.
    Select Account settings from the menu that has appeared.
    If you are prompted for a password:
    Type your Outlook.com password over Password.
    Click Sign in.
    Open the Security info category under Overview.
    Click Help us protect your account.
    Choose whether you want to add a phone number or alternate email address under Help us protect your account.
    Enter the email address or phone number (making sure the country code is set correctly and does not appear in the phone number itself).
    Click Next.
    Look for and open an email from "Microsoft account team " with the subject "Microsoft account security code" at the email address you selected or a call or text message from Microsoft.
    If you received the code by email:
    Highlight and copy the verification code in the message.
    Paste the code over Code back at Help us protect your account.

newtekie1, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Why is it so difficult completing an email or Microsoft. the code numbers are unnecessary....

1. Why is it so difficult completing an email or Microsoft. the code numbers are unnecessary.... - Similar Threads - Why difficult completing

2. why is it difficult to log into microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is it difficult to log into microsoft: I just spent over an hour trying to log into my Microsoft account. Nothing but road blocks. Messages say account doesn't exist, or log in information incorrect. I want to call them. What number to call?...
  3. why is it difficult to log into microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is it difficult to log into microsoft: I just spent over an hour trying to log into my Microsoft account. Nothing but road blocks. Messages say account doesn't exist, or log in information incorrect. I want to call them. What number to call?...
  4. why is it difficult to log into microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why is it so difficult to request and confirm a refund?

Why is it so difficult to request and confirm a refund?: I have tried so many times to contact Microsoft about a refund. Prior to this year, I've been able to chat online with a Microsoft representative. That doesn't seem like the case now. Please advise.I'm beyond frustrated....
  6. Why is it so difficult to request and confirm a refund?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it so difficult to request and confirm a refund?: I have tried so many times to contact Microsoft about a refund. Prior to this year, I've been able to chat online with a Microsoft representative. That doesn't seem like the case now. Please advise.I'm beyond frustrated....
  7. Why is blocking unwanted emails so difficult / not possible on the Microsoft mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is blocking unwanted emails so difficult / not possible on the Microsoft mail app?: I'm using the default mail app that came with the computer as my main email app, and I constantly get junk mail from social media services and stores throughout the day that I don't care about. For some reason, Microsoft has decided to provide NO option to block them, or at...
  8. Why is blocking unwanted emails so difficult / not possible on the Microsoft mail app?

Why is blocking unwanted emails so difficult / not possible on the Microsoft mail app?: I'm using the default mail app that came with the computer as my main email app, and I constantly get junk mail from social media services and stores throughout the day that I don't care about. For some reason, Microsoft has decided to provide NO option to block them, or at...
  9. Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?: I had to totally reinstall winBLOWS because M$ has **** QA before releasing updates. Ok, great. Now, I am constantly trying to make Firefox my default browser because, well, M$ sucks. SUCKS. I want as few of their products on my machine as possible. I even had a tech do...
  10. Why is windows 10 so difficult to understand

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is windows 10 so difficult to understand: I would like to know why they made windows 10 so difficult to understand. my husband bought me a new laptop with that came with windows 10. His desktop has windows 7 ultimate and I find it very easy to understand. and are there any plans soon for a new and better system soon...