Windows 10: Why is it taking so much time for my Windows Defender to download the update.?

Discus and support Why is it taking so much time for my Windows Defender to download the update.? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Its been 3 hours since Windows Defender has been downloading this update. Cant figure out why is it taking so long. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PRASHANTCHAUHAN3, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Why is it taking so much time for my Windows Defender to download the update.?

Its been 3 hours since Windows Defender has been downloading this update. Cant figure out why is it taking so long.

Why is it taking so much time for my Windows Defender to download the update.? b232d33f-8903-49dd-b037-151975e60f0c?upload=true.png

:)

PRASHANTCHAUHAN3, Jun 7, 2020

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Windows Defender unable to download updates

Hello Daniels,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know a few more details on the below questions.

1. Is the status of the Windows Defender active?

2. Did you check if there was any recent update already installed for Windows Defender?

Now, refer to the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

A. Check whether the Windows date and Time set to Automatic and synced.

B. Disconnect all the peripheral devices except for the mouse and keyboard.

C. Update all your computer's drivers from manufacturer’s website.

D. Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.
    E. Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Why is it taking so much time for my Windows Defender to download the update.?

Good alternative to Windows Defender on 8.1

Every time I open my Downloads folder, navigate to a subfolder in it, or what have you, Explorer takes an inordinate amount of time to load the folder. It's an often reported issue with Windows 8 and Defender.

Red_Machine, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Why is it taking so much time for my Windows Defender to download the update.?

1. Why is it taking so much time for my Windows Defender to download the update.? - Similar Threads - Why taking much

2. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  3. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  4. Windows Defender taking too much time to open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender taking too much time to open.: Hi, i recently noticed that after updating to windows 11, either way upgrade or fresh install, when i open windows defender it doesn't open and stay black for a long time. when i close it open multiple times it doesn't open and after sometime the app opens and i wont have...
  5. Windows Defender taking too much time to open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender taking too much time to open.: Hi, i recently noticed that after updating to windows 11, either way upgrade or fresh install, when i open windows defender it doesn't open and stay black for a long time. when i close it open multiple times it doesn't open and after sometime the app opens and i wont have...
  6. Why does this take so much storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does this take so much storage: [ATTACH] Why does it take so much space!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-take-so-much-storage/3402a448-26b1-4bcc-bdb2-8447ddd1d4fd
  7. Windows taking so much time to startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking so much time to startup: On reboot it shows the manufacturer logo and stays on it for a while and again it shows the windows logo and stays on it a while due to which it takes lots of time to boot up and show my lock screen late. How do I decrease my boot up time ?...
  8. Why does this take so much usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this take so much usage?: [ATTACH] As the title says, why? I never seen my ram been used this much before, think it was since the last Win10 update. https://preview.redd.it/ge43tu0klfs41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=f633ebd54bcbc42509259912732f289efb7c87da submitted by /u/MilkyMoo27...
  9. Why is windows taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is windows taking up so much ram?: [ATTACH] windows taking up way to much ram, like half of it https://preview.redd.it/a8z9aiop4fg41.png?width=432&format=png&auto=webp&s=549b1487bd359008a6ce44ac9310535c7c8ff334 submitted by /u/Monv44 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Defender Taking too Much Time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Taking too Much Time: My windows defender is now in its 21st hour doing a full scan. Is this normal? How long should it take? [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-taking-too-much-time/e1e68879-0e78-4e99-9052-de943e38cdaf