Windows 10: Why is it that everytime I open Word it requires me to sign in even though I have to use a...

Discus and support Why is it that everytime I open Word it requires me to sign in even though I have to use a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am really fed up with this as it never recognises a password that I have set the following time I try to access Word it keeps sayimg that the email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jenny13jenny13, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Why is it that everytime I open Word it requires me to sign in even though I have to use a...

I am really fed up with this as it never recognises a password that I have set the following time I try to access Word it keeps sayimg that the email or password are wrong which they can't be as I WRITE THEM DOWN.

Also why can I not disable the necessity to log in on my laptop even though there is an example that tells me to access this in your previous information?

:)

jenny13jenny13, Nov 16, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 16, 2020
  3. TheMany Win User
    Office 365 requires sign in everytime now - started last week

Our family has the 365 five-pack plan, and we all use the Office apps everyday. Last week my wife's Office apps started requiring sign ons every time she starts them - Word is where we noticed it first, but it happens on everything.

My Office apps do not do this.

We have tried:
    The credential manager fix (deleting all passwords)
    The delete "Identity" folder in the registry
    Logging onto the online account
    Reinstalling the entire Office suite
    Changing to a local account on the computer
    ...pretty much any fix listed on the internet.

We have always used them not signed in for two years without issue. And mine still works without siging in.

TheMany, Nov 16, 2020
  4. asus2016 Win User

Why is it that everytime I open Word it requires me to sign in even though I have to use a...

Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Why is it that everytime I open Word it requires me to sign in even though I have to use a...

1. Why is it that everytime I open Word it requires me to sign in even though I have to use a... - Similar Threads - Why everytime open

2. Why is troubleshoot telling me that my device does not have bluetooth even though I have it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is troubleshoot telling me that my device does not have bluetooth even though I have it?: Troubleshoot said that bluetooth is not available on my device,I use bluetooth on this device for a long time and suddenly I can't turn on bluetooth and the button to turn it off/on is missing.And for some reason I can't attach the screenshot image....
  3. Why is troubleshoot telling me that my device does not have bluetooth even though I have it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is troubleshoot telling me that my device does not have bluetooth even though I have it?: Troubleshoot said that bluetooth is not available on my device,I use bluetooth on this device for a long time and suddenly I can't turn on bluetooth and the button to turn it off/on is missing.And for some reason I can't attach the screenshot image....
  4. Why is troubleshoot telling me that my device does not have bluetooth even though I have it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.: I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password. It keeps sending me in circles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-even-though-i-have-my-pin-and/3ea3e244-7ff7-41fd-b4ef-48ba8ad3556c
  6. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.: I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password. It keeps sending me in circles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-even-though-i-have-my-pin-and/3ea3e244-7ff7-41fd-b4ef-48ba8ad3556c
  7. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I have win 10 home. Cant remove the password requirement even though I switched require...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have win 10 home. Cant remove the password requirement even though I switched require...: Why cant windows quit changing my computer when No one in my house but me I dont want to have a password to use my computer ever!!! why did it change by itself and why will the software not let me change it back to not require me to keep entering my password when I turn on my...
  9. Can't update to 2004 even though I have the requirements?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update to 2004 even though I have the requirements?: [ATTACH] As per the Microsoft site: Current status as of June 16, 2020 Windows 10, version 2004 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909, who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. As per below, my version is...
  10. WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT: I HAVE MS WORD ...... I SAVED A DOCUMENT TODAY, IT DOES NOT OPEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document-is-not-opening-even-though-i-saved/a98173b7-e373-4d93-9bba-1cffab765c74