Windows 10: Why is it that I still can't select drives that aren't my default to download games?

Discus and support Why is it that I still can't select drives that aren't my default to download games? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I honestly can't comprehend how the Microsoft store can be this primitive that I actually have to go into my settings to set my default download... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Ridikis, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Ridikis Win User

Why is it that I still can't select drives that aren't my default to download games?

I honestly can't comprehend how the Microsoft store can be this primitive that I actually have to go into my settings to set my default download location to a different drive just to download a game. I also can't understand how there are millions of issues just changing that option. Would the easier solution be to just have a somewhat decent store that can recognize the ability to download items to locations aside from the default drive? Every other store has the miniscule brain power required to do this yet the Microsoft store can't seem to figure out that some people like to keep games on different drives from their OS.

:)

Ridikis, Feb 26, 2021
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Why is it that I still can't select drives that aren't my default to download games? [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Feb 26, 2021
  3. jumanji Win User
    FAT32 for 1 T drive

Download, install and run MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition 9.1 Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free Delete all existing partitions on your 1TB drive. The full drive should show as unallocated.
    Again right click on it and click on create. Choose FAT32 as File system > OK > Apply.

Why is it that I still can't select drives that aren't my default to download games? [​IMG]

Note: All data in your drive will be lost when you delete and format the drive. So backup all data in the drive to another HDD. Make sure that you select the correct drive to delete and format.

jumanji, Feb 26, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Why is it that I still can't select drives that aren't my default to download games?

Default drive permissions

Hi Jortus

If you need to reset default permissions on that drive, here are the steps:

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

Form the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter

icacls "D:\" /t /q /c /reset

DaveM121, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Why is it that I still can't select drives that aren't my default to download games? - Similar Threads - Why still can't

2. i want to download a game to my D drive but i can't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i want to download a game to my D drive but i can't: I did the changin the location in storage settings but when i try and download it it says error i read that i culd change the windowsapp folders name but it says i need permision but i am an admin on my pc. can you guys help me...
  3. i want to download a game to my D drive but i can't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to download a game to my D drive but i can't: I did the changin the location in storage settings but when i try and download it it says error i read that i culd change the windowsapp folders name but it says i need permision but i am an admin on my pc. can you guys help me...
  4. i want to download a game to my D drive but i can't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Games don't download to my selected drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Games don't download to my selected drive: I've been running out of space on my computer, so I got a 2TB storage USB. However, trying to download a game onto it from the Microsoft Store doesn't work. I've selected it as "New apps save to USB Drive D:. This is where they should be going, but they are still downloading...
  6. Can't select proper drive for Game download on Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't select proper drive for Game download on Microsoft store.: I am currently trying to install Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. I own the game, and when I click the install button it prompts me to choose which drive I would like to install the game on. Every time I try and choose the drive I want and hit install, the button goes grey for a...
  7. Can't download a game to my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download a game to my D drive: I've been trying to download a game to my D drive but it says I need storage the game is 50 gbs and I have over 200 gbs on the hard drive in question I've tried to change where new content is saved, I've tried wsreset in administrator mode, I've tired to reset microsoft store...
  8. games purchased aren't downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games purchased aren't downloading: I continuously have issues with games purchased from "big fish", for my personal computer PC but before, a year ago, there were few issues, none to do with downloading. I've downloaded app at least 4 times. This shouldn't be happening and I've cleaned, defragged and trouble...
  9. Can't select a drive to install game to

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't select a drive to install game to: So I'm signed in to my main pc with my Microsoft account and I open the Microsoft store, for some reason when I try to download and install The Elder Scrolls Tamriel Unlimited, I get a pop up telling me that I don't have any applicable devices linked to my microsoft account...
  10. Tried everything and still can't download game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried everything and still can't download game.: So I was searching for some answers and here is what I have done so far. I have, used wsreset.exe a couple dozen times, I stopped Windows Update, changed the folder name and turned the service back on and nothing has worked. I've been trying to download Minecraft for...