Windows 10: Why is it that in year 2024 in latest Windows 11 the File Explorer and Search still are...

Discus and support Why is it that in year 2024 in latest Windows 11 the File Explorer and Search still are... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Type in a location in location bar and hit enter, or select one of the previously visited locations listed - result: nothing, nada, niente.Search in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Wiegand, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Why is it that in year 2024 in latest Windows 11 the File Explorer and Search still are...

Type in a location in location bar and hit enter, or select one of the previously visited locations listed - result: nothing, nada, niente.Search in subfolder doesn't return anything. Search in its parent folder returns results, including files in the subfolder.Windows still is not approaching the reliability of a Unix operating system from 40 years ago.

:)

Mark Wiegand, Feb 24, 2024

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 24, 2024
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Why is it that in year 2024 in latest Windows 11 the File Explorer and Search still are...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Why is it that in year 2024 in latest Windows 11 the File Explorer and Search still are...

1. Why is it that in year 2024 in latest Windows 11 the File Explorer and Search still are... - Similar Threads - Why 2024 latest

2. why is the windows 11 file explorer search option so hidden?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is the windows 11 file explorer search option so hidden?: why is the windows 11 file explorer search option so hidden? It used to be easy in enter a modified date range. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-windows-11-file-explorer-search-option/8f65b58f-aeea-42bb-9b37-95a746d7088a
  3. Why is it that in year 2024 in latest Windows 11 the File Explorer and Search still are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it that in year 2024 in latest Windows 11 the File Explorer and Search still are...: Type in a location in location bar and hit enter, or select one of the previously visited locations listed - result: nothing, nada, niente.Search in subfolder doesn't return anything. Search in its parent folder returns results, including files in the subfolder.Windows still...
  4. search file explorer in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search file explorer in windows 11?: How do I search file explorer in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-file-explorer-in-windows-11/1feb626a-2e99-4347-923e-236cdfb085c7
  5. search file explorer in windows 11?

search file explorer in windows 11?: How do I search file explorer in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-file-explorer-in-windows-11/1feb626a-2e99-4347-923e-236cdfb085c7
  6. Why is Windows 11 "still working on it" when opening file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 "still working on it" when opening file explorer.: I thought I was being smart in making the move from Windows 10 to 11, but performance issues have plagued me enough to wish I hadn't done so. I've looked at the community posts and it seems the snag in opening Explorer in Windows 11 has been an issue since its launch. Though...
  7. Why is Windows 11 "still working on it" when opening file explorer.

Why is Windows 11 "still working on it" when opening file explorer.: I thought I was being smart in making the move from Windows 10 to 11, but performance issues have plagued me enough to wish I hadn't done so. I've looked at the community posts and it seems the snag in opening Explorer in Windows 11 has been an issue since its launch. Though...
  8. Search in Windows 11 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search in Windows 11 file explorer: Hello,I have two issues with the search in Win 11.1- I have a folder with pdf, xls and doc files. If I search for a specific word that I know exists in all files, the results only show the pdf files. But I know that the word is contained in the Word and Excel files too. If I...
  9. Search in Windows 11 file explorer

Search in Windows 11 file explorer: Hello,I have two issues with the search in Win 11.1- I have a folder with pdf, xls and doc files. If I search for a specific word that I know exists in all files, the results only show the pdf files. But I know that the word is contained in the Word and Excel files too. If I...
  10. Why is file explorer not searching by keyword

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is file explorer not searching by keyword: Why is file explorer not searching by keyword https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-file-explorer-not-searching-by-keyword/99ac8768-ad65-4545-99ae-f610efa5c50f"