Windows 10: Why is it that some apps cannot have a big start menu tile?

Discus and support Why is it that some apps cannot have a big start menu tile? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is it that some programs (like Edge, which I don't use), can have a bigger tile, on the start menu, and others (like Firefox, which I use) don't?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by elTopo, Oct 1, 2015.

1. elTopo Win User

Why is it that some apps cannot have a big start menu tile?

Why is it that some programs (like Edge, which I don't use), can have a bigger tile, on the start menu, and others (like Firefox, which I use) don't?

thnx

:)

elTopo, Oct 1, 2015
  2. geekdom Win User

why is it that everytime we have a computer update from Microsoft everything goes haywire with the computer and we have to pay to fix it

Windows Essentials 2012 contains the following programs:

Photo Gallery (Windows Photo Gallery 2012 Build 16.4.3528.331)

Movie Maker (Version 2012 Build 16.4.3528.0331)

Windows Live Writer

Windows Live Mail (Version 2012 Build 16.4.3564.1216)

OneDrive

Do you have Photo Gallery of Windows Essentials?

What is your operating system?

Is there an error message when you open the program?

What is the complete error message?

geekdom, Oct 1, 2015
  3. why is it that everytime we have a computer update from Microsoft everything goes haywire with the computer and we have to pay to fix it

this time computer very slow and MSVCR110.dll flashing, screen saver won't work and can't access picture gallery, I read your answer re this problem can you please explain to non expert in computers please.Julie

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

juliedjulie, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Why is it that some apps cannot have a big start menu tile?

It can have a bigger title because it is a Metro App.

logicearth, Oct 1, 2015
  5. elTopo Win User
    ( Googled but still not sure what a Metro App is and why it would be undoable to have a bigger FireFox tile... *Think )

elTopo, Oct 1, 2015
  6. PJLLB Win User
    The apps available from the Store were once referred to as "Metro" apps, a term related to the interface introduced with Windows 8.

PJLLB, Oct 1, 2015
  7. elTopo Win User
    thanks for the info..

( still don't see why the bloody firefox tile cannot be twice as big, but I'm starting to give up on reason... )

elTopo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why is it that some apps cannot have a big start menu tile?

1. Why is it that some apps cannot have a big start menu tile? - Similar Threads - Why apps cannot

2. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?: Like the 2nd and 5th tiles here:What does it even mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-tiles-in-the-start-menu-highlighted/4c85ab0c-90e4-43ed-a923-4ad69b35a42b
  3. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?: Like the 2nd and 5th tiles here:What does it even mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-tiles-in-the-start-menu-highlighted/4c85ab0c-90e4-43ed-a923-4ad69b35a42b
  4. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot move random start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move random start menu tiles: I have certain start menu tiles, regardless of size, that can be displaced by other tiles, but if you try to move them anywhere on their own, they just snap back into their original position. This condition has existed for me I would say years now. As in the past, the only...
  6. Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?

Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?: Why does this happen? I don't think the apps are gone from the computer but I don't see the tiles on there. Why? This happened with the Microsoft Photo App I had to install it from the store. How does this happen? Could it be a virus? Or is it normal for it to do that because...
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  9. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  10. cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu: Hi all, Wired issues popping up now... *Smile I cannot seem to be able to edit the tiles in the start menu. I cannot move, resize and add tiles. I've checked the register for a value that disables edit in Policies Explorer under HKLM and HKCU and I have nothing...