Windows 10: Why is it that when I click on a "Event Log Online Help" link, it never takes me to the...

Discus and support Why is it that when I click on a "Event Log Online Help" link, it never takes me to the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It links to:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardDrozda, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Why is it that when I click on a "Event Log Online Help" link, it never takes me to the...

It links to:

https://support.microsoft.com/?ProdName=Microsoft%c2%ae+Windows%c2%ae+Operating+System&ProdVer=10.0.19041.444&EvtID=CODEEvtSrc=NAME&LCID=CODE

Which just displays:

https://support.microsoft.com/

Any ideas?

:)

RichardDrozda, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Catbill Win User

How is Event Online Help supposed to work?

There are many errors in the Event Viewer. When I click "Event Log Online Help" a window opens asking if it is OK to send information across the internet. When I click Yes, a Technet page shows a series of issues that are not related to the event log issue.

Is it really supposed to work this way?? If so, how does it help me? If not, how can it be fixed? Is there not a listing somewhere of the Event IDs and suggested resolutions?

Thank you.

Catbill, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Event "Error" Log Repair required (Windows 10)

Hi,

There are a lot of
    possibilities why these errors occur in
    your event logs. The errors depends on what it is related to. It could be your
    application, drivers, firmware, hardware, or your storage devices. You can check this
    link for further information regarding event log issues.

We suggest that you perform these following methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Why is it that when I click on a "Event Log Online Help" link, it never takes me to the...

Search event log by activityid

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In order for you to gain information on how to search for log history, I would suggest that you refer to the link provided below:

Link 1:Event Log RecordsEvent Viewer

Link 2: Windows Setup Log Files and Event Logs

Windows Setup Log Files and Event Logs

Link 3: How to Check the Application Event Log for Errors

How to Check the Application Event Log for Errors

Link 4: System Event Viewer Tips

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996105(v=exchg.65).aspx

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Why is it that when I click on a "Event Log Online Help" link, it never takes me to the...

1. Why is it that when I click on a "Event Log Online Help" link, it never takes me to the... - Similar Threads - Why click Event

2. Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...: when you are troubleshooting the last thing you need is useless runaround. In event log at the bottom there is a link to click but when you click it it points you to microsoft'ss website instead of having a list of suggestions for the issue. i would suggest adding a chatgtp...
  3. Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...: when you are troubleshooting the last thing you need is useless runaround. In event log at the bottom there is a link to click but when you click it it points you to microsoft'ss website instead of having a list of suggestions for the issue. i would suggest adding a chatgtp...
  4. Clicking a link in the Phone Link app takes me nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking a link in the Phone Link app takes me nowhere: I cannot open any link I receive from any sender in the Phone Link app anymore.I used to simply click the link and my browser would pull up the webpage, just as clicking a link should and does work elsewhere in Windows 11 for me, without any issue.Currently the links appear...
  5. Clicking a link in the Phone Link app takes me nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking a link in the Phone Link app takes me nowhere: I cannot open any link I receive from any sender in the Phone Link app anymore.I used to simply click the link and my browser would pull up the webpage, just as clicking a link should and does work elsewhere in Windows 11 for me, without any issue.Currently the links appear...
  6. Windows takes me back to the first page after clicking log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows takes me back to the first page after clicking log in: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SoppaSick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikj1vv/windows_takes_me_back_to_the_first_page_after/
  7. When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.: When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on. I then have to minimise the page I am working on to see the page I have opened, then minimise this page to return to the original page. This is very frustrating. I am using Windows 10 home version...
  8. Windows Event Log Online Help just goes to MS homepage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Event Log Online Help just goes to MS homepage: In the Event Log, General Tab, More Information: Event Log Online Help. The link that MS sends you off to hasn't worked for some time. The link just goes to MS Home Page. Is there away to make this work again? If MS has abandoned it, can it be linked to Google? 70334
  9. Event Log Online Help doesn't function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Log Online Help doesn't function: After the UA upgrade I see several errors in the Event Viewer. In the past you could get more info by clicking the Event Log Online Help. You may still do this, but you arrive on an advertisement page of MS. Do they skip this source of information? *Sad 67240
  10. Event Log Online Help URL Redirect

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log Online Help URL Redirect: Is there a good working redirect for this that works? 57113