Windows 10: Why is it that when I start up my Windows 10 it tries to automatically repair but it fails?

Discus and support Why is it that when I start up my Windows 10 it tries to automatically repair but it fails? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, whenever i start up my windows 10 it will automatically repair, but it fails every time. I thought resetting it would help, but when I do, it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DakotaDuvall, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Why is it that when I start up my Windows 10 it tries to automatically repair but it fails?

So, whenever i start up my windows 10 it will automatically repair, but it fails every time. I thought resetting it would help, but when I do, it says that it failed that and no changes were made. I am now concerned that I won't be able to log on anymore. I need some tips to stop this from happening and let me log on again. Any advice?

:)

DakotaDuvall, Jun 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - memory faulty or not?

So i formatted disk , install again Windows 10 , now Windows booting fine without automatic repair. But i tried to reproduce issue by running memtest86 again. So i run test for 5 hours, stop test and booted Windows 10. This time it booted fine without automatic repair. So i guess its fine. But i want to know why it happened earlier? That was still hardware issue? Thx for opinion. Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram.

litwicki24, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Why is it that when I start up my Windows 10 it tries to automatically repair but it fails?

Windows 10 Automatic Repair Fail

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you getting any error messages when your computer is attempting to perform the Automatic Repair?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Why is it that when I start up my Windows 10 it tries to automatically repair but it fails?

1. Why is it that when I start up my Windows 10 it tries to automatically repair but it fails? - Similar Threads - Why start tries

2. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up repair failed/start up issues: I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on...
  3. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up repair failed/start up issues: I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on...
  4. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair: I have this laptop that has the black screen of death, but when I go to do to the automatic start-up repair the laptop doesn't even do that. (yes, I know turning it off and on 3 times does it, but it doesn't even do that.) 151068
  6. Windows 10 on an automatic repair loop on start up

Windows 10 on an automatic repair loop on start up: Windows 10 is on a automatic repair loop at start up nothing wo rks in advance options can not do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-an-automatic-repair-loop-on-start-up/f2822a72-cffa-4ac2-98a1-069e5d86060b
  7. Automatic Repair Starts When Booting Up but it Doesn't Work

Automatic Repair Starts When Booting Up but it Doesn't Work: When I boot up my computer and Windows 10 it automatically goes to automatic repair. When it is done I am left with a black screen and the mouse cursor. It started yesterday when my computer just froze. I have tried to boot into safe mode and it will not let me. I've also...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.

Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.: Everything was working fine, but today when I started my pc, it automatically started "Start up repair", after few minutes, it failed with error "Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" Screenshot(not my PC's, but this image looks exactly like the error in my case):...
  9. Start-up: Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start-up: Preparing Automatic Repair: Hi Long story ... I have a Samsung laptop. Bought it years ago. I went over to Windows 10 when it just came out. After a while it started acting up, so I assumed it was old ... But then on a day on start-up it gave a black screen - nothing else. So I had someone look at it...
  10. start up, automatic repair, & everything else fails

in Windows 10 Support
    start up, automatic repair, & everything else fails: Hello. I'm not sure if this is the best subforum, the bsod subforum, or another, so admin can feel free to move it if this is not the best subforum. I have searched & searched this issue recently however nothing I've found as possible solutions worked, and I figured with my...