Windows 10: Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...

Discus and support Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Its called "CX", Microsoft. I don't want to participate in your themepark ride. There is absolutely NO reason I should be forced to use a damned PIN... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by T.J. Bumgardner, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...

Its called "CX", Microsoft. I don't want to participate in your themepark ride.

There is absolutely NO reason I should be forced to use a damned PIN when I've been using passwords for 20 years, which are MUCH MORE secure (I don't care what your articles attempt to say otherwise).

Fix it!

:)

T.J. Bumgardner, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Mark7805 Win User

Forced proxy settings

Is there anyway to disable forced internet settings?

When I try and remove the settings they come right back after I close and reopen

My firefox runs fine but many apps on my computer are WRECKed right now. Steam for example I can't update my games or use the built in browser. Friends list still seems to stay up to date, but avatars aren't generated.

I can't access my LAN settings for proxies either.

I want to fix this without reformatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark7805, Aug 8, 2019
  3. TonyB83 Win User
    Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.

Already doing that but I want it to stop forcing me to enter a pin when I unlock my PC, is is flipping annoying. Microsoft shouldn't be forcing this on us. I want it to stop.

It doesn't matter how many times that I remove the pin it still comes up "create a pin" when I unlock after a reboot. Come one
    I need this to stop not keep going. You are only offering temp solutions I need a perminate one apart from changing OS altogether.

TonyB83, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...

forced to make a pin login

Underneath the password box, click Sign-in options, choose password key icon then sign in.

Temporarily setup the pin the remove it after setup using the following steps:

After setting up the PIN and arriving at the desktop...

Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign in options

Under PIN, click 'I forgot my PIN'

Enter the password associated with your Microsoft account followed by OK.

On the next page, click Cancel and no new PIN will be added.

Andre for Directly, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...

1. Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again... - Similar Threads - Why remove PIN

2. Why does my surface 5 keep forcing me to set up my pin again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my surface 5 keep forcing me to set up my pin again: When I put in my password it gives me the error: Something went wrong and your pin isn't available code : 0xd000a002. Click to set up your PIN again...
  3. Why is the update being forced when it is broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the update being forced when it is broken.: Have been constantly pausing the update because of this..Why are microsoft trying to force this update when it will still not work correctly on certain PC's, mine is only two years old, I tried more than these occasions, always a BSOD and have to factory reset the PCNo i do...
  4. Why is the update being forced when it is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the update being forced when it is broken.: Have been constantly pausing the update because of this..Why are microsoft trying to force this update when it will still not work correctly on certain PC's, mine is only two years old, I tried more than these occasions, always a BSOD and have to factory reset the PCNo i do...
  5. Why is the update being forced when it is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Why am I being forced to change my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN: “Your organization is requiring you to change your PIN to meet minimum digit requirement.” Out of the blue message on the Lock Screen requiring me to change my PIN. I am not an organization. I do not belong to an organization. Why is there suddenly “an organization” dictating...
  7. Why am I being forced to change my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN: “Your organization is requiring you to change your PIN to meet minimum digit requirement.” Out of the blue message on the Lock Screen requiring me to change my PIN. I am not an organization. I do not belong to an organization. Why is there suddenly “an organization” dictating...
  8. why am i being forced to change my pin to the same pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why am i being forced to change my pin to the same pin?: Why when i logged in it told me I absolutly have to change my pin. I used the same pin. what is the point? I'm in the middle of a project and it wasted about an hour of my time....
  9. Why am I being forced to change my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN?: I am told that "my organisation" requires me to change my PIN. There is now a "PIN Requirements" link saying I need at least 5 digits and sequences not allowed. This is my own PC, not any organisations. I've had the same PIN quite happily for some long time and I don't want...
  10. why am I being force to use a pin number

in Windows 10 Customization
    why am I being force to use a pin number: Please let me know how to stop computer from asking for a pin number? why do you keep asking for me to get a pin number that I do not want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-being-force-to-use-a-pin-number/730f9660-8686-460a-9f0c-88cd43d1ca78