Windows 10: Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...

Discus and support Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Its called "CX", Microsoft. I don't want to participate in your themepark ride. There is absolutely NO reason I should be forced to use a damned PIN... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by T.J. Bumgardner, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...

Its called "CX", Microsoft. I don't want to participate in your themepark ride.

There is absolutely NO reason I should be forced to use a damned PIN when I've been using passwords for 20 years, which are MUCH MORE secure (I don't care what your articles attempt to say otherwise).

Fix it!

:)

T.J. Bumgardner, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Mark7805 Win User

Forced proxy settings

Is there anyway to disable forced internet settings?

When I try and remove the settings they come right back after I close and reopen

My firefox runs fine but many apps on my computer are WRECKed right now. Steam for example I can't update my games or use the built in browser. Friends list still seems to stay up to date, but avatars aren't generated.

I can't access my LAN settings for proxies either.

I want to fix this without reformatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark7805, Aug 8, 2019
  3. TonyB83 Win User
    Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.

Already doing that but I want it to stop forcing me to enter a pin when I unlock my PC, is is flipping annoying. Microsoft shouldn't be forcing this on us. I want it to stop.

It doesn't matter how many times that I remove the pin it still comes up "create a pin" when I unlock after a reboot. Come one
    I need this to stop not keep going. You are only offering temp solutions I need a perminate one apart from changing OS altogether.

TonyB83, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...

forced to make a pin login

Underneath the password box, click Sign-in options, choose password key icon then sign in.

Temporarily setup the pin the remove it after setup using the following steps:

After setting up the PIN and arriving at the desktop...

Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign in options

Under PIN, click 'I forgot my PIN'

Enter the password associated with your Microsoft account followed by OK.

On the next page, click Cancel and no new PIN will be added.

Andre for Directly, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...

1. Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again... - Similar Threads - Why remove PIN

2. Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?: I am aware that this question has been previously asked, but it seems that this question was not fully answered. Since the password is only for logging into the computer itself, why does it appear that "my organization" required me to change my PIN number? I've only had my...
  3. Forced Updates now changing browser and settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced Updates now changing browser and settings: OK what the hell, it seems that there's NO way to stop Microsoft from jamming updates onto my Windows 10 laptop, but last night it apparently updated my computer, restarted it and gave no notification of any kind. However, it changed my default browser to Internet Explorer (I...
  4. Bug that forces me to start with a pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bug that forces me to start with a pin: What gives Microsoft the right to impose this obligatory ( because there is no way around it) pin nonsense. I have had windows 10 for a couple of years and it is a pain in the fundamental orifice, the way they just take over ones computer at any time to do an...
  5. damned auto-update being forced on me

damned auto-update being forced on me: For the past 3 days when I shut my computer down for the night, it does a restart and update (different update every time). How do I turn these damned updates OFF. I spend all my time dealing with updates, I don't get anything done! If I get a new computer, guess what OS I...
  6. why am i being forced to have something called one drive on my computer

why am i being forced to have something called one drive on my computer: i did not ask for this one drive, do not know or care to know how to use it, i was doing fine without it, 3 weeks ago microsoft put a partition on my computer an e drive, today i go in and there is a one drive which has taken over my desktop and now i cannot do anything, no...
  7. why when i do a computer restart does it then not restart forcing me to force shut down the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    why when i do a computer restart does it then not restart forcing me to force shut down the...: goes thru restart process but doesn't fire itself back up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-do-a-computer-restart-does-it-then-not/20da37ba-7a95-455f-b530-3bde6a8ff257
  8. WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????

WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????: This system of updates with Windows 10 SUCKS. First, you don't give users any credit to choose to update on their own, and they take forEVER. This morning after updating, my laptop no longer recognizes my 24" monitor. Installing and reinstalling doesn't work, nor does...
  9. Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?: I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on a new (to me) laptop. It forced me to choose a PIN during installation, and absolutely would not let me cancel PIN creation, though I tried many times. So I thought, OK, I'll just set up the stupid PIN and delete it after installation. I...
  10. Is CU now being forced on my system?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is CU now being forced on my system?: I have been running v1607 and had Windows Update set to defer FEATURE Updates. Today I see one of the Updates Windows Update is telling me to download is Version 1703. Isn't that CU that I did not want and is there any way to stop it? 90251