Windows 10: Why is itunes downloading files from my One Drive folders, what is it doing with them, and...

Discus and support Why is itunes downloading files from my One Drive folders, what is it doing with them, and... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently slicked my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10 home. Today I installed iTunes. The first time I opened it, right after I logged in to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PrinceAlberts, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Why is itunes downloading files from my One Drive folders, what is it doing with them, and...

I recently slicked my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10 home. Today I installed iTunes. The first time I opened it, right after I logged in to my iTunes account, I got a windows notification that "iTunes is downloading files from One Drive". This raises some concerns.

1. I didn't tell it to do anything.

2. I wasn't doing anything at all that required one drive access.

3. There is nothing in the iTunes settings or software that I can see that would require or allow this access.

4. It wasn't even accessing music or videos, it was downloading my photos.

I've seen where someone else asked this question, but the Microsoft response was not useful. Can someone please tell me, how can I stop this from happening again?

:)

PrinceAlberts, Dec 10, 2018
  2. hapkiman Win User

itunes library

This is the method I have used several times on my wife's computers is to just copy the iTunes Media folder. This contains all the movies and music you have in iTunes.

Just go to File Explorer > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media. Copy the whole iTunes Media folder to a USB drive (*warning* depending upon how much media you have on your drive, this folder could be quite large, so make sure you have a good 16-32GB USB flash drive. I used a USB 3.0 Adata 64GB jump drive as my wife has almost 60GB of stuff!). Then go make a cup of coffee and eat a donut because it takes a minute.

After you have all the data on the flash drive, set it aside and do your drive upgrade. Then just re-download iTunes to your new harddrive and drag the iTunes Media folder from your jump drive to replace the empty new iTunes media folder you just downloaded.

Simple and works like a charm.

hapkiman, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Why is itunes downloading files from my One Drive folders, what is it doing with them, and... :)

Frogger, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Why is itunes downloading files from my One Drive folders, what is it doing with them, and...

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Why is itunes downloading files from my One Drive folders, what is it doing with them, and...

1. Why is itunes downloading files from my One Drive folders, what is it doing with them, and... - Similar Threads - Why itunes downloading

2. Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!: For my entire adult life, I have been saving my documents and pictures on my PC under "Documents" and "Photos." But I looked in File Explore today and low and behold -- ALL of my documents and photos are GONE. I checked under ONE Drive and I found them there instead....
  3. Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!: For my entire adult life, I have been saving my documents and pictures on my PC under "Documents" and "Photos." But I looked in File Explore today and low and behold -- ALL of my documents and photos are GONE. I checked under ONE Drive and I found them there instead....
  4. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  5. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  6. What is the Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller folder? Why do I see 0 kb files of Python in them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller folder? Why do I see 0 kb files of Python in them?: Hello, I was looking around my computer after I updated it to Windows 11 and found this folder called Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller which contained 0 kb files of python, python3, and winget, which is confusing because I don't have Python installed on this computer. They're...
  7. What to do with One Drive ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What to do with One Drive ?: Since I made the switch to W10, I never cared much about one drive. I knew it existed, I saw it being used when I went from my PC to my laptop, bringing back some of my Steam saves from one to the other, and stuff like that. But I didn't personally see a real use to it, as I...
  8. downloading files from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading files from one drive: Real simple question. If I upload a folder to my onedrive, how does a completely different person download those files/folder to their computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-files-from-one-drive/2b6cb7a0-aa56-44fb-b595-c4e366025f06
  9. How to delete files from one drive folder without removing them from the cloud?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete files from one drive folder without removing them from the cloud?: I copied zip to the one drive folder and I want remove it from my computer after sync to the cloud, but it delete it from the cloud as well... jesus christ how to remove uneeded files from hard drive!?!??!...
  10. Why is One Drive downloading files to my computers?

Why is One Drive downloading files to my computers?: I thought one uploads some files to their One Drive and then they can be accessed via other computers that they login into, why in the heck is One Drive downloading the files to each of my computers, we are talking 14GB of music I uploaded, it is taking forever and it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. itunes is downloading from onedrive

2. itunes download folder

3. why is itunes downloading from onedrive

4. itunes downloading from onedrive,
  5. itunes downloading from one drive,
  6. itunes is downloading from one drive,
  7. itunes.exe is downloading from onedrive,
  8. itunes onedrive download all photos,
  9. itunes download one drive,
  10. why is itunes trying to download files from one drive,
  11. how to stop automatic download from onedrive to itunes,