Windows 10: Why is L.A. Noire not Launching (anymore) on my Windows 10 PC?

Discus and support Why is L.A. Noire not Launching (anymore) on my Windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have the L.A. Noire disc version of this game and tried to run it on Windows 10 (with feature update 1903). Unfortunately the game did not start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ®ï©ÂrÐøGaros, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Why is L.A. Noire not Launching (anymore) on my Windows 10 PC?

I have the L.A. Noire disc version of this game and tried to run it on Windows 10 (with feature update 1903). Unfortunately the game did not start after the Launch Game splash screen, but just quits.

Because i was not able to fix it with the support articles for L.A. Noire I contacted Rockstar Games support via chat.

We tried some things, including updating my videocard drivers.

Later on the support technician asked for my dxdiag and msinfo32 logfiles for analysis. He also asked to perform a system file check via the command line. This was OK.

After this he/she recommended reaching out to microsoft support since the reason the game is not working as intended is because of a windows error.

And made sure to inform that this file is crashing: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL.

Motivation: This is core Windows File that should not be experiencing issues.

My Event viewer only shows crashes on ypatcher.exe, version: 1.2.1.0 on this KERNEL32.DLL module.

This file is visible in the L.A. Noire directory.

I also tried to remove the game completely also with register entry wipe via Revo Uninstaller. This succeeded. Today I've performed a new installation, but the problem stays the same.

With my older hardware and Windows 10 version (I guess it was version 1709 or 1703) the game worked fine, with the latest patches.

So this is why I'm trying to ask for help, because I still was not able to start the game even after some promising helpful tips from the Steam Community and searching on the Internet and YouTube.

Thanks in advance for the help.

:)

®ï©ÂrÐøGaros, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    L.A. Noire PC is that true?

Why is L.A. Noire not Launching (anymore) on my Windows 10 PC? [​IMG]

i was wondering if it's true that L.A. Noire will come out to pc?

at VGReleases they say 20th of May is that a rumor or is it true?

but GTAfans posted “No plans to release L.A. Noire on PC or Mac” so i am just wondering anyone know what if it's a rumor or it's true that it will come on pc? ^^

puma99dk|, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Why is L.A. Noire not Launching (anymore) on my Windows 10 PC?

L.A. Noire PC is that true?

Amazon doesn't list a Windows version, nor does GameStop. If it is coming out on PC, Rockstar didn't tell their channel partners about it (read: very, very unlikely within the next 3+ months).

FordGT90Concept, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Why is L.A. Noire not Launching (anymore) on my Windows 10 PC?

1. Why is L.A. Noire not Launching (anymore) on my Windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - Why Noire Launching

2. Why my PC keeps crashing after launching ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my PC keeps crashing after launching ?: Hello everyone, For the past 3 days, my computer keeps freezing 1 minute after launch, having me to shut it down by turning power off. After restarting my PC countless times sometimes it would just not restart and keep a black screen, it works perfectly fine without any...
  3. Why my PC isn't working anymore ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my PC isn't working anymore ?: I had the wonderful idea of upgrading my PC to Windows 10, I was impressed with the upgrade and I have absolutely no problems, the PC booted several times while upgrading which appears to be normal and at the end it finished with no error or warning messages. I worked on the...
  4. Why my PC isn't working anymore ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my PC isn't working anymore ?: I had the wonderful idea of upgrading my PC to Windows 10, I was impressed with the upgrade and I have absolutely no problems, the PC booted several times while upgrading which appears to be normal and at the end it finished with no error or warning messages. I worked on the...
  5. How can l use my PC if my mouse doesn't work anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can l use my PC if my mouse doesn't work anymore?: My mouse doesn't work anymore. I tried to use the visual keyboard but it needs mouse. Is there any way to use my PC without it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-l-use-my-pc-if-my-mouse-doesnt-work/59b646cc-ab6b-4833-9520-44115ba31bfa
  6. How can l use my PC if my mouse doesn't work anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can l use my PC if my mouse doesn't work anymore?: My mouse doesn't work anymore. I tried to use the visual keyboard but it needs mouse. Is there any way to use my PC without it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-l-use-my-pc-if-my-mouse-doesnt-work/59b646cc-ab6b-4833-9520-44115ba31bfa
  7. L.A. Noire not working, launching or opening on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    L.A. Noire not working, launching or opening on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Are you unable to launch or open L.A. Noire on your Windows 11/10 PC? A lot of L.A. Noire gamers have reported being unable to launch the L.A. Noire game on their Windows PC. This could be a result of missing administrator rights, outdated graphics driver, or broken...
  8. Problem with the Rockstar game L A Noire bought from Steam and installed it my Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the Rockstar game L A Noire bought from Steam and installed it my Windows 10 PC.: It is not much consolation but I have discovered that I am not the only person having problems. There are pages of technical information and advice on Steam and Rockstar community pages. Rockstar have issued a program 'launcher' which is supposed to solve all problems; it...
  9. Why Won't Cortana Lock My PC Anymore?

in Cortana
    Why Won't Cortana Lock My PC Anymore?: Ever since she was introduced in Windows 10 saying "Hey, Cortana, lock my PC" caused Cortana to do that. Suddenly she won't. Instead she gives instructions on how to do that manually. Winkey+L (I already know that. I want her to do it so I don't have to press keys)....
  10. écran noir à l'allumage

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    écran noir à l'allumage: bonjour, mon ordinateur affiche un écran noir à l'allumage avec le cercle de chargement qui apparait puis disparait par cycle J'avais juste avant essayé de restaurer le système car mon ordi bugguait et j'avais ce jour là un problème de connection internet Je l'ai éteint...