Windows 10: Why is lag appearing after opening some steam games on windows 10?

Discus and support Why is lag appearing after opening some steam games on windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So a few weeks ago, i noticed that after opening/playing certain steam gamesfirst noticed on CSGO, my PC got kinda laggy, especially the dragging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TutuCris, Nov 26, 2022.

1. TutuCris Win User

Why is lag appearing after opening some steam games on windows 10?

So a few weeks ago, i noticed that after opening/playing certain steam gamesfirst noticed on CSGO, my PC got kinda laggy, especially the dragging dragging windows around and stuff, but also other things, like opening windows very sluggish, even freezing while opening for 1-2 seconds. It goes back to normal after a restart, but its still very annoying. Also, recently got Left 4 Dead 2 and its the same for it. I've had this happen some time ago, but it happened like once so i thought it might be a one time thing. I got a RX 580 8gb, i7 3770k, 16gb RAM.

:)

TutuCris, Nov 26, 2022

2. Steam games lagging on Windows 10

I have a HP laptop and I updated from 8.1 to 10 and Steam starts up fine and will open games. But they lag
    SO MUCH . My brother got it on his PC and has had no issues. My laptop had no problems running games before but now it's running games so poorly that they are unplayable. It's been about half an hour now and I'm already wanting to
    go back to 8.1. So I need help fixing this problem or reverting back to 8.1

ShaneHorsley, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Why is lag appearing after opening some steam games on windows 10?

After Updating to windows 10 steam application and games dont open

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues with steam applications or steam games in Windows 10.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

• Which are all the Steam games you are unable to launch?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you try to launch the game?
    • What is the make and model of the system?
    I would suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it works,

Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the installation files from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the setup file install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Why is lag appearing after opening some steam games on windows 10?

1. Why is lag appearing after opening some steam games on windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why lag appearing

2. Why do some files appear after restarting windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do some files appear after restarting windows 10?: Before rebooting:After: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-some-files-appear-after-restarting-windows/c036f363-bcd2-4c89-9942-2993824708a5
  3. Why is lag appearing after opening some steam games on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is lag appearing after opening some steam games on windows 10?: So a few weeks ago, i noticed that after opening/playing certain steam gamesfirst noticed on CSGO, my PC got kinda laggy, especially the dragging dragging windows around and stuff, but also other things, like opening windows very sluggish, even freezing while opening for 1-2...
  4. Why is lag appearing after opening some steam games on windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is lag appearing after opening some steam games on windows 10?: So a few weeks ago, i noticed that after opening/playing certain steam gamesfirst noticed on CSGO, my PC got kinda laggy, especially the dragging dragging windows around and stuff, but also other things, like opening windows very sluggish, even freezing while opening for 1-2...
  5. spikesnot lag appearing on some apps

spikesnot lag appearing on some apps: so there are spikes showing in specific applications, mostly Signal and Curseforge. Here are some images for reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spikesnot-lag-appearing-on-some-apps/5151ac3a-459f-4136-bdcb-afd2912ee349
  6. Windows Lag & Game Lag after opening games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Lag & Game Lag after opening games.: Hey so I've been having this problem for a while and I've tried lots of things to try and fix it which none of them have worked. Clean installed windows twice Reinstalled through a flash drive Tried different Ram and Graphics cards I don't believe it is a hardware problem...
  7. Some Steam games do not work after Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Steam games do not work after Windows 10 update?: Good evening. Since I now look for days in the net not a single solution to my problem, or ne solution found. I now ask my own question and hope that someone can help me. So the problem is that some of Steam's games don't work anymore, so as soon as I start them, they go...
  8. APPCRASH steam game wont open windows 10

APPCRASH steam game wont open windows 10: this is the game crash report. anyone please help i have have been trying to open this game for a week now trying to look for ways to fix it but nothing worked. i found that the exception code means some sort of stack error but i don't know a lot about this....
  9. Some steam games will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some steam games will not launch: When I launch some games, they do not open with video; the audio plays but the video is just flashing static that looks like my screen is going to crash. This doesn't happen with every game, just some of them. I don't think it's to do with graphics settings because it can run...
  10. Steam and steams games wont open after the 1/8/2019 update.

Steam and steams games wont open after the 1/8/2019 update.: Steam worked fine yesterday but now I can't open it, I've tried uninstalling the updates but that did not work, I also uninstalled and reinstalled steam and that didn't help either. the troubleshooter said it was incompatible....