Windows 10: why is live mail not allowing me to navigate to a file to attach to an email?

Discus and support why is live mail not allowing me to navigate to a file to attach to an email? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today, all of a sudden, I cannot attach any files to my emails. This occurs in Live Mail, and in both Edge and Chrome browsers with yahoo. I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tsw119, Nov 4, 2019.

1. tsw119 Win User

why is live mail not allowing me to navigate to a file to attach to an email?

Today, all of a sudden, I cannot attach any files to my emails. This occurs in Live Mail, and in both Edge and Chrome browsers with yahoo.

I will indicate attach file, and a white box will appear that says open (not responding) in the upper left corner.
    When I try to close this box, it will say that Windows Live Mail is not responding, and I can either restart the program, close the program or wait for it to respond.

I went to my yahoo emails, and they are not allowing me to attach when in Chrome. I tried them EDGE, and I cannot even open my yahoo emails from edge.

This is a brand new issue just this afternoon, although I have had a variety of goofy problems since upgrading to Windows 10. This is brand new today, though.

Help?

:)

tsw119, Nov 4, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 4, 2019
  3. georgec Win User
    Windows Live Mail missing attachment

I am now running Windows 10 with Windows Live Mail. One of my contacts sent me an email with an attachment (docx) but the attachment did not appear in WLM. It was there on webmail (Virginmedia) and when I forwarded it from there to myself it came through on WLM. Other mail with attachments have been OK. I have gone through my Safety Options and made sure the "Do not allow attachments ..." was cleared and added the contact to the Safe Sender list but still no attachment. Is there anything else I can try???

georgec, Nov 4, 2019
  4. sablepalm Win User

Attach a file in a new email in Windows 10 Mail.

Is there no other way to attach a file in a new email in Windows 10 Mail other than from listed in the "Insert" folder in Windows 10 Mail when composing a new email? "Mail" is not one of the files listed in the "Insert" folder. The file I want
    to attach is from a deleted email.

sablepalm, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. why is live mail not allowing me to navigate to a file to attach to an email? - Similar Threads - why live mail

2. Why can't I attach a file to an email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I attach a file to an email?: I need to send an excel worksheet to myself and the file will not attach to the email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-attach-a-file-to-an-email/e58db34e-e793-4d50-82d3-138036029972
  3. Live Mail Attachments Saved as URLs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Mail Attachments Saved as URLs: I very recently upgraded from W7 to W10. I still have Windows Live Mail as my mail application. I also recently tried to save several PDF attachments from an email to a folder on an internal RAID 1 array. For some reason when I attempt to open those files whose icons show...
  4. email attachment deactivated in windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email attachment deactivated in windows live mail: email attachment deactivated in windows live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-attachment-deactivated-in-windows-live-mail/3192138b-9350-49f3-a707-c33665e2cb27"
  5. Win 10 won't allow me to email an .exe file as an attachment.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 won't allow me to email an .exe file as an attachment.: I have a set of five files which comprise the installation files for a popular free flight simulator (FMS). I have been supplying these files to R/C model club members for many years. Having recently upgraded to a new laptop with Win 10 I now get an error message when I...
  6. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  7. Email changed from Windows Live mail to Outlook express in past two day not allowing me to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email changed from Windows Live mail to Outlook express in past two day not allowing me to...: Hello, I have been a user of the Windows Live Email program many years. Over the past two days (probably through a Microsoft Update) my stored emails (many hundreds) in folders on my desk top have been changed to only being able to be accessed through Outlook Express. I...
  8. attaching files to email

in Browsers and Email
    attaching files to email: I have lost the ability to right click on a photo and choose to send it to an email address. The process starts correctly but Outlook doesn't open a new email as it used to. I could do this previously, went on holiday, came back and could no longer do it. so I don't see that...
  9. Windows Live Mail missing attachment

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail missing attachment: I am now running Windows 10 with Windows Live Mail. One of my contacts sent me an email with an attachment (docx) but the attachment did not appear in WLM. It was there on webmail (Virginmedia) and when I forwarded it from there to myself it came through on WLM. Other mail...
  10. Finding "Live Mail" email data files.

in Browsers and Email
    Finding "Live Mail" email data files.: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on a duel booting computer, on separate drives and whilst I can transfer most of the personal data off the Win 10 drive to a new temp folder on the other drive and then back later to a newly installed clean version of Win 10 on the original...