Windows 10: why is "mail" not opening like outlook?

Discus and support why is "mail" not opening like outlook? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an envelope on my taskbar. When I open mail it does not behave like outlook. How do I change the behavior?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnDohe, Oct 9, 2020.

1. JohnDohe Win User

why is "mail" not opening like outlook?

I have an envelope on my taskbar. When I open mail it does not behave like outlook. How do I change the behavior?

:)

JohnDohe, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. why is "mail" not opening like outlook? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. why is "mail" not opening like outlook? - Similar Threads - why mail opening

2. Mail app not opening because of outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app not opening because of outlook: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I just updated Mail app from Microsoft store and after that I saw the toggle on the top right corner "Try the new outlook app" and I just tried to remove the toggle from the app, on the internet the method to remove this to create a DWORD key but...
  3. Mail app not opening because of outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app not opening because of outlook: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I just updated Mail app from Microsoft store and after that I saw the toggle on the top right corner "Try the new outlook app" and I just tried to remove the toggle from the app, on the internet the method to remove this to create a DWORD key but...
  4. Outlook mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook mail: I tried to change my password on Outlook. They only give me an option as "text" with my last two numbers as my home phone no. I do not have text. When I put the last four digits in for my phone no. where it says text I don't get a verification code. I don't have text...
  5. Outlook Mail won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook Mail won't open: The last few days, the application does not open on my laptop, I restarted the app twice to see if the problem was solved but nothing. Any solution?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-wont-open/83db6c02-c062-4282-b220-308f0db0fbf9
  6. Outlook and Mail

Outlook and Mail: I wanted to learn about the differences between Microsoft Outlook and the built-in mail app for Windows. I prefer the look and feel of the built-in mail app, but I really appreciate the fact that Outlook contains both the mail and calendar applications. Is there a way to make...
  7. outlook mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook mail: I can no longer open links in email that i have recieved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail/29ee560a-019a-4a59-9525-ce2495827b7a
  8. Outlook Mail

Outlook Mail: WHY DO DIFFERENT ADDRESSES FOR ME AS A CONTACT POP UP IE, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. i CANNOT REMOVE THE OLD ALIUS OR ANYONE ELSE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-mail/af05a55e-f3fd-44cd-8354-f8efee789ce0
  9. Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?: Ever since Outlook got updated (some weeks ago), it's been running incredibly slow and lags my entire browser. Anyone else have this happen, and is there anything to fix this? 58843
  10. SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app: Hello, I am using Mail app built in Windows 10. Office 2013 is installed with all applications. If I try to use the SendTo link from Explorer, it opens up Outlook instead of the default Mail app. In default programs, Mail has all his options checked. How to make the SendTo...