Windows 10: why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct

Discus and support why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there my name is jamie bratcher i am trying to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop using the media creation tool. everytime i have tried to use it it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamiebratcher1, Jun 8, 2019.

1. why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct

hi there my name is jamie bratcher i am trying to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop using the media creation tool. everytime i have tried to use it it has been adding more then 1 user acct on it which i dont need. is there a way to get around this ?

:)

jamiebratcher1, Jun 8, 2019

2. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Media Creation Tool question

Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions.
    1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?

2. Yesterday I used the Media Creation Tool to do a clean install. Everything went fine with the download. After the two hour download the Media Creation Tool automatically started to create the media. Everything working normally so far..then suddenly at 50% a screen popped up with an unexpected error message Error code beginning 0x80004005. That was it I had to stop there.
    After searching the net it seems that other people have had the same issue after the Fall Creators Update...with the installation stopping at 50%. I have no idea how to sort this out. After contacting Microsoft Chat Support they didn't offer any suggestions that worked either.
    Can anyone advise please
    Many Thanks

sportsfan148, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Vijay B Win User

why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct

1. why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct - Similar Threads - why media creation

2. Why is the Media Creation Tool not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Media Creation Tool not working?: I'm on Windows 7 and i'm trying to go to windows 10 but when i open the file it says "We're unable to run this tool on your PC." PLS help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-media-creation-tool-not-working/a5299b35-3ced-4475-b830-8fe78c33708e
  3. Why is the Media Creation Tool not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the Media Creation Tool not working?: I'm on Windows 7 and i'm trying to go to windows 10 but when i open the file it says "We're unable to run this tool on your PC." PLS help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-media-creation-tool-not-working/a5299b35-3ced-4475-b830-8fe78c33708e
  4. Why is the Media Creation Tool not working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Media Creation Tool - More Space?

Windows Media Creation Tool - More Space?: Hello, I am attempting to use the Windows Media Creation Tool to build an ISO image. I am using an HP 850G6 laptop with over 275GB free space and I have also provided a freshly formatted 128GB USB thumb drive for optional ISO storage. During verification, the tool states "We...
  6. Windows Media Creation Tool - More Space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Creation Tool - More Space?: Hello, I am attempting to use the Windows Media Creation Tool to build an ISO image. I am using an HP 850G6 laptop with over 275GB free space and I have also provided a freshly formatted 128GB USB thumb drive for optional ISO storage. During verification, the tool states "We...
  7. Windows Media Creation Tool - More Space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Creation tool for Windows 10 1809 Version

Media Creation tool for Windows 10 1809 Version: Hi All, I need to upgrade the windows 10 machine previous version to 1809 version. Due to standard version, i couldnt install the latest version 1909 on the workstation. When i try to search i can get the media creation tool for 1909 version but unable to find the download...
  10. 1809 Media Creation tool seems to be available - again.

1809 Media Creation tool seems to be available - again.: I may be on an old page but it looks like the Oct. 2018 (1809) download is again available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1809-media-creation-tool-seems-to-be-available/837e7d62-bc4e-4a41-bcc8-1e6960251e87