Windows 10: why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

Discus and support why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am concerned that windows 11 is just windows 10 revamped to make it look and feel more like using a MAC device --- this is basically windows throwing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VALID QUESTION, Jan 6, 2022.

1. why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

I am concerned that windows 11 is just windows 10 revamped to make it look and feel more like using a MAC device --- this is basically windows throwing in the towel and admitting that they no longer wish to compete with apple to be its own separate entity--- I only start by saying that because ALL of the time wasted in just changing the appearance of the operating systems COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER SPENT by fixing broken and out dated tools like DISK MANAGER. Currently I am trying to use disk manager to shrink a volume that is being used as a page file and data store -- to extend it to the primary

:)

VALID QUESTION, Jan 6, 2022

2. welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Nick Win User
    Make Windows mouse feel like Mac

I have built myself a PC tower running Windows 10 after being a lifelong Mac user. The mouse cursor just doesn't feel the same between the two, to me it feels a lot slower and choppier on Windows.
    I've seen lots of posts about how to make a Mac mouse feel like Windows (presumably from people switching to Mac), but nothing on how to go the other way around. Does anybody have any ideas?

Clarification: It isn't about the speed of moving the pointer. It's like the draw rate of the cursor is lower than on mac. If I move the mouse past a certain speed the cursor seems to jump positions instead of moving smoothly. It isn't, or shouldn't be, an issue of hardware, as this computer has much higher specifications than - say - my MacBook Pro I use at work.

EDIT: I've identified the problem as being my monitor's refresh rate, not Windows itself. I have a Dell P2415Q 4K monitor and an Nvidia GeForce 960. It's currently pushing 4K at 30hz, and will not give me an option to go higher. When I choose a lower resolution and 60hz the mouse feels smooth as butter. I believe my graphics card should be able to drive 4k @ 60hz but I'm not sure, I'll have to investigate and see if I can force it to

Nick, Jan 6, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

Bluetooth Missing Completely Like it never existed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What is the make and mode of the system?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with Device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

1. why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a... - Similar Threads - why microsoft more

2. Why did MS make a simple task more COMPLICATED when it was so EASY before??? I feel like NO...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did MS make a simple task more COMPLICATED when it was so EASY before??? I feel like NO...: I have an HP 17" laptop running Windows 10. When I bought it, I could hit the {prt sc} button once, and it would take a full screen shot and automatically save it to a file titled, get this..."Screen Shots". Yep, that was it, push the prt sc button just one time, and VOILA!...
  3. More windows 11 tpm concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More windows 11 tpm concerns: I was just reading an article about TPM 2.0 vulnerabilities on Windows 11, and I have subversion 1.38, which is supposed to be vulnerable. Is there anything I can do to mitigate the vulnerabilities for my home computer? This home computer is very new and came with windows 11...
  4. Another important step to make Edge PWAs feel more like native apps on Windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another important step to make Edge PWAs feel more like native apps on Windows.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tyls6c/another_important_step_to_make_edge_pwas_feel/
  5. why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...: I am concerned that windows 11 is just windows 10 revamped to make it look and feel more like using a MAC device --- this is basically windows throwing in the towel and admitting that they no longer wish to compete with apple to be its own separate entity--- I only start by...
  6. why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...: I am concerned that windows 11 is just windows 10 revamped to make it look and feel more like using a MAC device --- this is basically windows throwing in the towel and admitting that they no longer wish to compete with apple to be its own separate entity--- I only start by...
  7. Windows 11 feels like a downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 feels like a downgrade: I don't understand the point of the whole Windows 11 Insider Program, all I see are tons of useful features removed from Windows 10. It genuinely feels like a downgrade from Windows 10.See Screenshot Below Can't group apps in Start Menu anymoreSee Screenshot Below Half of the...
  8. Microsoft is making Windows 10 PWAs feel more like native apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is making Windows 10 PWAs feel more like native apps: Windows Store always had an app shortage problem and Microsoft has been working on new capabilities to lay the foundation for Progressive Web Apps, one of the keys to the future of Micorosft’s app market. The PWAs are webpages on steroids and Twitter app for Windows 10 is...
  9. WHY must tech companies like Microsoft make things more complicated. Just leave the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHY must tech companies like Microsoft make things more complicated. Just leave the...: I don't want to go through all the hoops with the "new" snipping tool. The old one works fine and is easy. I just want to grab a segment of an image on the desktop and save it or copy/paste it into an email. I DON'T want to friggin edit it, and have to use hand gymnastics to...
  10. Kind of feel like more can be done with the UI of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Kind of feel like more can be done with the UI of Windows 10: I don't know about anyone else, but I for one am a metro UI purist. I love me some of that metro UI design, like the Zune PC software, or some amazingly well done apps on Windows Phone like zbox or readit or the apps Rudy Huyn has made. The UI of those compilations of code...