Windows 10: Why is Microsoft NOT addressing the 100% Disk Usage issue? Hundreds of pages in Community...

Discus and support Why is Microsoft NOT addressing the 100% Disk Usage issue? Hundreds of pages in Community... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Are you too busy working on ways to make more money than to fix current issues?????????? #tiredofmicrosoftissues #fixyourselfmicrosoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NoMoreDejavu, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Why is Microsoft NOT addressing the 100% Disk Usage issue? Hundreds of pages in Community...

Are you too busy working on ways to make more money than to fix current issues??????????

#tiredofmicrosoftissues #fixyourselfmicrosoft #microsofthasproblems #microsoftdoesntcareaaboutyou #microsoftemployeesonlycareaboutmoney #microsoftthinkstheyaregod #youmeannothingtomicrosoft

:)

NoMoreDejavu, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Disk Usage at 100% with nothing running

My PC is running Windows 10 with the latest updates but has suddenly become unusable with disk usage staying at 100% even with nothing running and just the same processes listed in Task Manager as before the problems
    started. I've tried a few suggestions found in online forums - disabling Windows Search and Superfetch, adjusting page file size, etc. but nothing has done the trick yet. I don't have any outside anti-virus software installed. I read about the potential MSI
    issue but don't have IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers listed in the Device Manager. Finally, it seems to boot up normally and will have periods where the disk usage drops and it's usable but those moments are brief and it inevitably goes back up to 100% usage.

TONeill_1313, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Why is Microsoft NOT addressing the 100% Disk Usage issue? Hundreds of pages in Community...

100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Why is Microsoft NOT addressing the 100% Disk Usage issue? Hundreds of pages in Community...

1. Why is Microsoft NOT addressing the 100% Disk Usage issue? Hundreds of pages in Community... - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft addressing

2. The 100% disk usage issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The 100% disk usage issue: Hi every body!I am writing a program of kind "one to many files" create many signed/crypted block files from one single input file.I am regularly facing the 100%-disk-usage issue as shown in the performance tab of the task manager.The program sticks and the system becomes...
  3. The 100% disk usage issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The 100% disk usage issue: Hi every body!I am writing a program of kind "one to many files" create many signed/crypted block files from one single input file.I am regularly facing the 100%-disk-usage issue as shown in the performance tab of the task manager.The program sticks and the system becomes...
  4. The 100% disk usage issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100 disk usage issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 disk usage issues: I've been having this issue with my computer as of recent where the disk on task manager spikes to 100% with everything at 0mb then freezes my entire computer then blue screens usually saying critical process died or kernel data inpage error when playing most games like Dark...
  6. 100 disk usage issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 disk usage issues: I've been having this issue with my computer as of recent where the disk on task manager spikes to 100% with everything at 0mb then freezes my entire computer then blue screens usually saying critical process died or kernel data inpage error when playing most games like Dark...
  7. 100 disk usage issues

8. 100% Disk Usage issue

100% Disk Usage issue: Hello!If you have a HDD and have the 100% Disk Usage issue I can tell you why it is happening. I went through that problem and I know how bad it is. It is happening because Windows 10 isn't optimized for HDDs and you may have to upgrade your PC to an SSD to solve this...
  9. Why dont Microsoft fix 100% DISK USAGE??

Why dont Microsoft fix 100% DISK USAGE??: When will Microsoft cure 100% Disk usage? I've tried all the fixes but it has always comes back. So many people have it. I'm sure the people who don't complain about it, don't realise why the PC is so slow. Actually its ridiculous and frustrating. Why I put up with 20...
  10. 100% disk usage issue

100% disk usage issue: So recently I got a new laptop. first few days it ran fine and then I started getting a lot of lag. task manager showed that my disk was being used constantly and it was a process under the name "System". Has anyone else had this problem and if so what can I do about it?...