Windows 10: Why is Microsoft providing wrong codebase updates for an Intel based cpu machine running...

Discus and support Why is Microsoft providing wrong codebase updates for an Intel based cpu machine running... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows Professional 10 was using a 64 bit intel chip was downloading only AMD64 updates. I am still receiving these in reference to 1809... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Max2thous10, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Why is Microsoft providing wrong codebase updates for an Intel based cpu machine running...

Microsoft Windows Professional 10 was using a 64 bit intel chip was downloading only AMD64 updates. I am still receiving these in reference to 1809 update and have to reboot into safe mode and remove the contents of the directory every time the delay ticker is met to stop a 16 hour update cycle with a 52% install and the a forced return to the previous version as the update is trying to apply AMD code to my windows installation on an Intel 64bit processor. Does anyone have a hack on this ticker to reset it at startup to zero so the delay stays in force?

Why is Microsoft providing wrong codebase updates for an Intel based cpu machine running... [​IMG]

:)

Max2thous10, Apr 2, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 2, 2019
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    KB4100347 why is microsoft pushing this update to none intel cpu's mainly amd

KB4100347 why is microsoft pushing this update to none intel cpu's mainly amd

I would think that all the insiders and months of testing, microsoft could tell the difference in cpu

architect or maybe I am wrong on that assumption.

Unless I am going to swap out my motherboard and cpu ? not likely

kjl1956, Apr 2, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Why is Microsoft providing wrong codebase updates for an Intel based cpu machine running...

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Why is Microsoft providing wrong codebase updates for an Intel based cpu machine running...

1. Why is Microsoft providing wrong codebase updates for an Intel based cpu machine running... - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft providing

2. Does Microsoft use Intel's CPU's?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft use Intel's CPU's?: Would love to know this as I have heard about the ME backdoor on Intel's CPU's that are not safe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-use-intels-cpus/930f866d-746f-4bd3-9a71-7c95bdd0be73
  3. Does Microsoft use Intel's CPU's?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft use Intel's CPU's?: Would love to know this as I have heard about the ME backdoor on Intel's CPU's that are not safe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-use-intels-cpus/930f866d-746f-4bd3-9a71-7c95bdd0be73
  4. KB4589212 update for Intel CPUs received on machine with AMD CPU. Can't skip it. I think it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB4589212 update for Intel CPUs received on machine with AMD CPU. Can't skip it. I think it...: I just got KB4589212 Update pop up so it's going to be installed next reboot. This update is microcode for INTEL processors and I have AMD processor so I'm 99.9% percent sure it's going to break something. It's even stated on update page to install only for selected Intel...
  5. WMI provider host running at hight cpu 20% or higher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI provider host running at hight cpu 20% or higher: my cpu is showing WMI provider host running at or above 20% and causing the fan to run, how can I find and shut down the process causing the problem?...
  6. Microcode Update for Intel CPU's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microcode Update for Intel CPU's: Hi! I update my laptop ME firmware and my CPU microcode, the last one via Windows Update. Is it going to be an update for desktop processors? Because the update for 10th gen Intel CPU's to update the microcode are only for mobile devices and i can't find one for desktop...
  7. why microsoft is worst service provider?

why microsoft is worst service provider?: i bought hp laptop with i5 processor in 2012. it was originally windows 8.1. than came windows 10. i upgraded it. PROBLEM STARTED: THE POINTER KEEPS ON MOVING TOP LEFT CORNER OF THE DISPLAY. TILL TODAY i talked with windows services, many times. they took control...
  8. Why is my cpu not running at base speed

Why is my cpu not running at base speed: hello Why isn't my CPU running at it's base speed (2,9GHz) instead it's running at 3,5-4Ghz at all times, is there any fix for this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cpu-not-running-at-base-speed/557f0ad3-e8d3-411e-bebc-27fe577bf1ae
  9. BASED ON UPDATE OF INTEL AUDIO DRIVES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BASED ON UPDATE OF INTEL AUDIO DRIVES: HELP ME OUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/based-on-update-of-intel-audio-drives/90ee1d0b-7558-4eb5-9207-67dc6372ef36
  10. KB4100347 why is microsoft pushing this update to none intel cpu's mainly amd

KB4100347 why is microsoft pushing this update to none intel cpu's mainly amd: KB4100347 why is microsoft pushing this update to none intel cpu's mainly amd I would think that all the insiders and months of testing, microsoft could tell the difference in cpu architect or maybe I am wrong on that assumption. Unless I am going to swap out my...