Windows 10: Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk

Discus and support Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Insisted on giving a fictitious computer name something more like an address. when that did not work you insisted that I use 1 nominated by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinCrane73, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk

Microsoft Insisted on giving a fictitious computer name something more like an address. when that did not work you insisted that I use 1 nominated by yourselves. In the communications for this it was compromised. I deleted it along with all passwords connected. ever since you continue to INSIST that I CONTINUE to use it which I can not do for security sake. I have chosen to use EDGE as my main means of navigation but to try and download apps etc. are blocked because you want me to sign in to the compromised address.

I did purchase a 1 year subscription to Office 365 but I am unable to use the full benefit for reasons as above. So I will not be renewing that subscription I have taken on LIBRE which is a free service and I get all the benefits. If a solution is not reached I will stop using windows 10 and move back to FIREFOX. Really the choice is yours depending on how consumer friendly you are.

:)

MartinCrane73, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk

Microsoft Edge Extensions Pose Risk?

Did anyone else notice that, although Mohammed's answer to Kenneth is very courteous, IT DOESN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION? The question is this: is using Microsoft Edge a security risk? Here is a suggestion for structuring the answer: (1) Yes, it is a security
    risk because of . . . and here's what you should/can do; (2) No, it isn't security risk and here's why.

douglashaneline, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk

1. Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft putting

2. Why is Windows willing to put system security updates at risk for those who are not able to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows willing to put system security updates at risk for those who are not able to...: It is pretty sad that a company with lots and lots of money and assets would use security updates as levrage to force users to update to Windows 11. As it is I would have to possibly spend a small fortune of which I don't have just to make hardware upgrades in order to meet...
  3. Why is Windows willing to put system security updates at risk for those who are not able to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows willing to put system security updates at risk for those who are not able to...: It is pretty sad that a company with lots and lots of money and assets would use security updates as levrage to force users to update to Windows 11. As it is I would have to possibly spend a small fortune of which I don't have just to make hardware upgrades in order to meet...
  4. Why is Windows willing to put system security updates at risk for those who are not able to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I cannot get Microsoft apps to update and Norton claims its putting my computer at risk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get Microsoft apps to update and Norton claims its putting my computer at risk: I cannot get seven Microsoft and Windows apps to update. According to Norton, it is putting my computer at risk. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-microsoft-apps-to-update-and-norton/8be34a20-6964-4055-8e7c-3c64aa245136
  6. I cannot get Microsoft apps to update and Norton claims its putting my computer at risk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get Microsoft apps to update and Norton claims its putting my computer at risk: I cannot get seven Microsoft and Windows apps to update. According to Norton, it is putting my computer at risk. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-microsoft-apps-to-update-and-norton/8be34a20-6964-4055-8e7c-3c64aa245136
  7. I cannot get Microsoft apps to update and Norton claims its putting my computer at risk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. WHY IS MICROSOFT IN MY COMPUTER?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WHY IS MICROSOFT IN MY COMPUTER?: I have a personal computer and Microsoft is putting MDM data on it. I have MDM disabled in Group Policy. I don't have a smart phone and have only a personal subscription to Office 365. There are no other computers except my backup Laptop. Computer WIN-K7EU64NC48A was in my...
  9. Draconian OS W10 putting kids at added risk?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Draconian OS W10 putting kids at added risk?: MS REQUIRES you to use their privacy obliterating online account in order to be able to set up family filters in W10. Does anyone else find this to be completely and absolutely unacceptable? The content filter was a fairly helpful tool. Now MS has removed it from W10 unless...
  10. Router flaws put AT&T customers at hacking risk

in Windows 10 News
    Router flaws put AT&T customers at hacking risk: Thousands of routers, many of which belong to AT&T U-verse customers, can be easily and remotely hacked through several critical security vulnerabilities. Five flaws were found in common consumer Arris routers used by AT&T customers and other internet providers around the...