Windows 10: Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows

Discus and support Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying for the PAST TWO WEEKS to install Windows 11 Pro, on a 2TB hard disc drive, that I have in my HP 17-by0026ds laptop computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Walter D Wormack, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows

I have been trying for the PAST TWO WEEKS to install Windows 11 Pro, on a 2TB hard disc drive, that I have in my HP 17-by0026ds laptop computer. I purchased the 64-Bit OEM DVD of Windows 11 Pro, which I loaded into the my computer's DVD drive, and followed all of the provided onscreen instructions, at which point, I was under the impression that when the installation process was complete, the Windows 11 Operating system that I installed on my 2TB hard disc drive, in my computer, would be Windows 11 Pro. Instead, I learned that I DON'T, have Windows 11 Pro, but Windows 11 'HOME'!And Micros

:)

Walter D Wormack, Apr 23, 2024

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Apr 23, 2024
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 23, 2024
  4. Johan45 Win User

Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows

1. Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft Support

2. Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows: I have been trying for the PAST TWO WEEKS to install Windows 11 Pro, on a 2TB hard disc drive, that I have in my HP 17-by0026ds laptop computer. I purchased the 64-Bit OEM DVD of Windows 11 Pro, which I loaded into the my computer's DVD drive, and followed all of the provided...
  3. Why microsoft support so bad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why microsoft support so bad: Hello,I had an microsoft account in 2019, that account got banned. I asked for my info back, they couldn’t because i ga e all my personal information and jt didn’t match my account. I created a new account, 1 year later jt got blocked, i asked why wouldn’t give me the reason....
  4. Why are MSN comment boards so racist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are MSN comment boards so racist?: I mean they could always train the AI moderation to not be so racist. They've trained it to protect racist comments, so why not just get rid of moderation? Is it because MSN moderation employees are worthless racists, and thus hired racist AI programmers? Should each employee...
  5. Why are MSN comment boards so racist?

Why are MSN comment boards so racist?: I mean they could always train the AI moderation to not be so racist. They've trained it to protect racist comments, so why not just get rid of moderation? Is it because MSN moderation employees are worthless racists, and thus hired racist AI programmers? Should each employee...
  6. Why has Microsoft allowed MSN community comments to be so racist and bigoted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft allowed MSN community comments to be so racist and bigoted?: I get a lot of the work is done by AI, which is amusing because all that tells me is there are some real bigots and racists programming the AI Microsoft uses. It's so amazing that even calling out racism and bigotry without ever directing an insult at the person engaging in...
  7. Why has Microsoft allowed MSN community comments to be so racist and bigoted?

Why has Microsoft allowed MSN community comments to be so racist and bigoted?: I get a lot of the work is done by AI, which is amusing because all that tells me is there are some real bigots and racists programming the AI Microsoft uses. It's so amazing that even calling out racism and bigotry without ever directing an insult at the person engaging in...
  8. Why is microsoft support so terrible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is microsoft support so terrible?: Why? Just god awful. Nobody around here seems to be able to solve a damn thing. Asking questions is nice, but damn it all if they lead to wasted time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-support-so-terrible/d9316024-dc47-4995-af27-eb516a9e20f2
  9. Why is microsoft support so terrible?

Why is microsoft support so terrible?: Why? Just god awful. Nobody around here seems to be able to solve a damn thing. Asking questions is nice, but damn it all if they lead to wasted time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-support-so-terrible/d9316024-dc47-4995-af27-eb516a9e20f2
  10. why microsoft's support are so stupid?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why microsoft's support are so stupid?: they just locked the post if they cannot support it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsofts-support-are-so-stupid/db944f21-fb97-4e44-94f3-b102a70711a9