Windows 10: Why is microsoft support so terrible?

Discus and support Why is microsoft support so terrible? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why? Just god awful. Nobody around here seems to be able to solve a damn thing. Asking questions is nice, but damn it all if they lead to wasted time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StephenCourtney, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Why is microsoft support so terrible?

Why? Just god awful. Nobody around here seems to be able to solve a damn thing. Asking questions is nice, but damn it all if they lead to wasted time.

:)

StephenCourtney, Dec 6, 2022
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 6, 2022
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Why is microsoft support so terrible?

Terrible Technical Support By Microsoft

I wanted to share my recent
    TERRIBLE experience with a Microsoft Windows 10 update and my subsequent interaction with Microsoft technical support.

• On Friday, May 11th, I was notified that I needed to do an update to Windows 10 (update Version 1803). I installed the update and immediately started having problems with my internet connection.
    • Monday, May 14th:
      • I called Microsoft technical support (800-642-7676). After going through the phone tree and sitting on hold I was finally connected to an agent. He took down my e-mail address and phone number. We were just starting
        to discuss the problem when we got disconnected. Even though he had my phone number he did not call back and I was forced to start over.
      • I called back and spoke to someone named Dhiraj. He was not interested in my suggestion that we try uninstalling the update. He had me perform a “network restore”. As a result my internet connection went from problematic to nonexistent.
        He informed me that this issue needed to be raised to a “level 2”. A case number was assigned and he scheduled a call back for the following day between 9 and 11 AM U.S. central time.
      • So, at this point Windows Technical Support had made my problem worse and indicated that I had to wait another day for resolution.
    • Tuesday, May 15th, I got a call back at approx. 10:45 AM from Aman.
      • After reviewing several things he indicates that we needed to do a system restore but that I needed to run a full back-up first as the system restore might cause me to lose data / programs.
      • I asked him how to do a back-up and he said that he could not tell me. He encouraged me to watch tutorial videos on the internet (which I don’t have access to on this computer). I was very frustrated but he said this was the only
        option. I do have another computer so I went through an online tutorial and performed the back-up.
      • Aman indicated that the back up would take time and that we would need to schedule a follow-up call for the following day. We scheduled the follow-up call for between 9 and 11 AM the following day.
    • Wednesday, May 16th:
      • I waited for the call from Aman that was supposed to occur between 9 and 11 AM. I never got the call.
      • While waiting I started thinking that I couldn’t imagine uninstalling the update would cause any harm since I had a back-up and Microsoft was planning to perform a system restore anyway. So, I uninstalled the 1803 update and the problem
        with my internet connection vanished! I fixed the problem myself but I was now concerned about whether I could accept any future updates and how I could avoid having this problem in the future.
      • At 3:30 PM (almost 5 hours late) Aman called back. I explained what I had done and that it appeared to address the immediate problem. However, I did have additional concerns to go through but was not available to review them at the
        time he had finally called back. Aman apologized for the delayed call back and we rescheduled a call for 8:30 AM the following morning. I specifically asked him to commit to a time rather than a 2 hour window. Aman promised that he would call me at 8:30
        AM sharp.
    • Thursday, May 17th:
      • I doubt you will be surprised to find out that Aman did not call me at 8:30.
      • At 11:15 AM I decided that I was going to call Microsoft technical support back and file a complaint with a supervisor. After sitting on hold I finally got connected to an individual named Sumeet. I told him that I had a complaint
        and wanted to speak with a supervisor.
      • At 11:30 AM I was connected to a supervisor named Mohammed. I shared my whole saga. He said that he wanted to have a level 2 support person call me back to review my case and that this call would be within 30 minutes. I have no idea
        why a supervisor wasn’t skilled enough to address my needs but I agreed to the call back.
      • It is now 1:30 PM and, big surprise, no call back.
    I can't even find a e-mail address where I can lodge a complaint.

Suaccm

DaveMcCausland, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Why is microsoft support so terrible?

1. Why is microsoft support so terrible? - Similar Threads - Why microsoft support

2. Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?: Why is Microsoft such a steaming pile of bull hockey? It has gotten progressively worse and worse and yet my employers still mandate it. I'm considering killing myself or quitting my job, but first I wanted to check to see whether Microsoft was salvageable.Right now, I'm on...
  3. Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?: Why is Microsoft such a steaming pile of bull hockey? It has gotten progressively worse and worse and yet my employers still mandate it. I'm considering killing myself or quitting my job, but first I wanted to check to see whether Microsoft was salvageable.Right now, I'm on...
  4. Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why the Microsoft Store is so terrible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the Microsoft Store is so terrible?: I don't understand that one of the major tech companies in the world still have some terrible softwares. I'm sure I could do a much better job as a developer, but instead looks like they prefer to hire incompetent people. An application store software that can't do what is...
  6. Why the Microsoft Store is so terrible?

Why the Microsoft Store is so terrible?: I don't understand that one of the major tech companies in the world still have some terrible softwares. I'm sure I could do a much better job as a developer, but instead looks like they prefer to hire incompetent people. An application store software that can't do what is...
  7. Why is microsoft support so terrible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is microsoft support so terrible?: Why? Just god awful. Nobody around here seems to be able to solve a damn thing. Asking questions is nice, but damn it all if they lead to wasted time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-support-so-terrible/d9316024-dc47-4995-af27-eb516a9e20f2
  8. Why is Windows 11 so terrible. And Microsoft support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 so terrible. And Microsoft support: TDLR: Don't get windows 11. It sucks and microsoft doesnt provide any support.So I recently got windows 11. It sucked. Easily the worst thing I could have done to my computer short of dropping it into the pool. When I got it, my ping skyrocketed, an unknown firewall blocked...
  9. Why is Windows 11 so terrible. And Microsoft support

Why is Windows 11 so terrible. And Microsoft support: TDLR: Don't get windows 11. It sucks and microsoft doesnt provide any support.So I recently got windows 11. It sucked. Easily the worst thing I could have done to my computer short of dropping it into the pool. When I got it, my ping skyrocketed, an unknown firewall blocked...
  10. Microsoft support is terrible

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft support is terrible: when I purchase products from MS, I expect them to work, like the thousands of other users that post here. As you can see from all the posts, much of the time MS does nothing and dumps you onto the Community. Is anybody on the Community getting tech support pay from MS ? I...