Windows 10: Why is Microsoft Teams still saying it needs an update in Defender but we have updated all...

Discus and support Why is Microsoft Teams still saying it needs an update in Defender but we have updated all... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We are an Azure environment. We have a recommendation to update Teams to the latest version which we have on every single machine it says is exposed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jeremy B3, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Jeremy B3 Win User

Why is Microsoft Teams still saying it needs an update in Defender but we have updated all...

We are an Azure environment. We have a recommendation to update Teams to the latest version which we have on every single machine it says is exposed but yet the exposed devices never go away in Defender. Does anyone have any explanation for this? These VMs do have more than one user that logs in, could that be the issue?Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Jeremy B3, Nov 9, 2023

2. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 9, 2023
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Nov 9, 2023
  4. OSdevr Win User

Why is Microsoft Teams still saying it needs an update in Defender but we have updated all...

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Nov 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Why is Microsoft Teams still saying it needs an update in Defender but we have updated all... - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft Teams

2. How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...: Greetings,Security is a huge concern for any PC operation whether for home or business. With Windows 10 being the best operating system that Microsoft has ever created set to end support updates on October 14, 2025 is there anything that Microsoft customers can do to convince...
  3. How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...: Greetings,Security is a huge concern for any PC operation whether for home or business. With Windows 10 being the best operating system that Microsoft has ever created set to end support updates on October 14, 2025 is there anything that Microsoft customers can do to convince...
  4. How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why is Microsoft Teams still saying it needs an update in Defender but we have updated all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft Teams still saying it needs an update in Defender but we have updated all...: We are an Azure environment. We have a recommendation to update Teams to the latest version which we have on every single machine it says is exposed but yet the exposed devices never go away in Defender. Does anyone have any explanation for this? These VMs do have more than...
  6. Why is Microsoft Teams still saying it needs an update in Defender but we have updated all...

Why is Microsoft Teams still saying it needs an update in Defender but we have updated all...: We are an Azure environment. We have a recommendation to update Teams to the latest version which we have on every single machine it says is exposed but yet the exposed devices never go away in Defender. Does anyone have any explanation for this? These VMs do have more than...
  7. I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/1i103w56es161.png?width=582&format=png&auto=webp&s=c78f8d7a2e177618a650fa06bf420e644d06c1fe https://preview.redd.it/t8sdj898es161.png?width=451&format=png&auto=webp&s=a70fc2dd51f6ad6056fe795c474dfba3771528c7 submitted by...
  8. Update control, why don't we have it?

in Cortana
    Update control, why don't we have it?: It use to be that we could choose the updates when installed. We had total control over them, within reason, but it got taken away with windows 8 if memory serves at least. I could pick from important updates and optional updates, and even select which updates to do prior to...
  9. do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?: Hello, would like to confirm if we still need to update passwords in task scheduler in case we change the password of a user account / service account? I tried it on a scheduled job running in a domain account and changed the password of the AD account. Still, the job ran...
  10. We have an update for you

We have an update for you: I have a blue box appear on my desktop that says "We have an update fo you" then the choices "Update", "Pick a time", "Snooze". There is no indication it is a real Windows message. Everything on the desktop is locked out. If I do Control/Alt/Del, and launch Task Manager, it...