Windows 10: Why is Microsoft's hobby to ruin people's work?

Discus and support Why is Microsoft's hobby to ruin people's work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there. Researcher here. I'm going to keep this straight and simple. Who, in the hellish depths of Microsoft security department, so wise and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexandre Piccini Garcia, May 15, 2019.

1. Why is Microsoft's hobby to ruin people's work?

Hello there. Researcher here.

I'm going to keep this straight and simple.

Who, in the hellish depths of Microsoft security department, so wise and savvy in love with his genius ideas of how to work with people and ways of advise them of updates, is going to pay me what I lost in half a week's worth because of a freaking update system reset that you guys thought that was more important than what kept my PC on for days? Who is going to run the simulation for me? Who is going to freaking fix the deadline so I won't have to warp myself from inside out to get everything done well and in time? WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GIVE THE USER CONTROL OF WHEN TO RESTART HIS/HER OWN COMPUTER? You do not have that freaking priority. I'm not asking you for an impossible thing. It's as simple as the feature you had implemented since DOS: a restart button (or command, in that case). That, or the control of it.

By the way, before judging my rage, remember that you, Microsoft, can't even ask me whether I want to RESTART my computer or not. There's just nothing that can justify that. This is elementary user communication. Who the hell thought this was ok?

SO THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH. And my e-mail address is available to whoever is responsible for this mess. I'll send you the files and you manage to run it somehow and hand me the results until Thursday. This way I won't be mad. Show up, lads. And also, learn how to implement a dialog box asking the user for a boolean input on the one-million-dollar question of whether "Do you want a crappy restart or not?". Someone must have asked it already on stackexchange. Come on, have a look over there. At some point you guys will have to learn it.

:)

Alexandre Piccini Garcia, May 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 15, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 15, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Why is Microsoft's hobby to ruin people's work?

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Why is Microsoft's hobby to ruin people's work?

1. Why is Microsoft's hobby to ruin people's work? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft's hobby

2. Why is microsoft scamming people?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is microsoft scamming people?: Microsoft was anounced starfield will come at day one to xbox game pass for pc and after they tripled the subscription price. So many people bought the xbox game pass for pc just for this game as I did. But after that they anounced that game will be 5 day early accessible for...
  3. Why is microsoft scamming people?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is microsoft scamming people?: Microsoft was anounced starfield will come at day one to xbox game pass for pc and after they tripled the subscription price. So many people bought the xbox game pass for pc just for this game as I did. But after that they anounced that game will be 5 day early accessible for...
  4. Why does Microsoft ruin everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft ruin everything.: 1st It adds chat safety to Minecraft which has torn the community. 2nd when trying to get back into an account AFTER IT LOGS ME OUT BECUASE OF "ERRORS" it practically asks for all of your private info and if you dont put one thing in it says oH weLl We caNT COnFIRm ThiS. 3rd...
  5. Why does Microsoft ruin everything.

Why does Microsoft ruin everything.: 1st It adds chat safety to Minecraft which has torn the community. 2nd when trying to get back into an account AFTER IT LOGS ME OUT BECUASE OF "ERRORS" it practically asks for all of your private info and if you dont put one thing in it says oH weLl We caNT COnFIRm ThiS. 3rd...
  6. Microsoft People

Microsoft People: Hi I have what seem to be duplicates of a Contact in my Microsoft People. The duplicates do not appear on the alphabetic list of Contacts. There is no delete button to remove them when the master Contact record is deleted. I became aware of them with multiple listings of...
  7. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  8. Switching quickly between hobbies/work environments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching quickly between hobbies/work environments: Hi! I am really not sure where to post this, but this seemed ok: I am noticing that I am constantly switching between working on different things (hobby, work, graphic design, investing) and changing my way of working takes quite some time. My question is; is it possible to...
  9. what is hobby?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is hobby?: fishing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-hobby/02328764-f524-456a-8750-2572f085ab0a
  10. An example why people hate Microsoft.

An example why people hate Microsoft.: It's this kind of crap that makes me take a real personal disliking to Microsoft . Why do they have to make it more difficult than it needs to be to just uninstall crap like this (see screenshot) . Some were easy to get rid of but they grey out others so you can't just hit...