Windows 10: Why is mplayer.exe holding a file lock!?

Discus and support Why is mplayer.exe holding a file lock!? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why in the bloody **** is mplayer.exe holding a file lock on my flash card program that has absolutely nothing to do with media player whatsoever?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GrantCurell, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Why is mplayer.exe holding a file lock!?

Why in the bloody **** is mplayer.exe holding a file lock on my flash card program that has absolutely nothing to do with media player whatsoever?

Why is mplayer.exe holding a file lock!? aa6f224c-f50c-445c-af3e-bbd732a8f3bf?upload=true.png

I was trying to delete a folder for my flash card program and explorer absolutely insisted someone was holding a file lock on it. Seeing as how there was nothing remotely reasonable left open that could hold said file lock I opened it up in explorer and low and behold mplayer.exe has a file lock on my flash card program's user folder???

Questions:

1 What is causing this near virus like behavior?
    2 Is there actually a remotely valid reason it is happening?

:)

GrantCurell, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 12, 2020
  3. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Why is mplayer.exe holding a file lock!?

I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Why is mplayer.exe holding a file lock!?

1. Why is mplayer.exe holding a file lock!? - Similar Threads - Why mplayer exe

2. why is there a g infront of some .exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there a g infront of some .exe files?: so i looked it up and i found i had a malware called ground.exe, how do i get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-g-infront-of-some-exe-files/b5ef8b6e-28bc-43d8-9e4c-db27ecdf12e5
  3. why is there a g infront of some .exe files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is there a g infront of some .exe files?: so i looked it up and i found i had a malware called ground.exe, how do i get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-g-infront-of-some-exe-files/b5ef8b6e-28bc-43d8-9e4c-db27ecdf12e5
  4. why is there a g infront of some .exe files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why Apps, files and exe button are missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Apps, files and exe button are missing?: Hi, there windows users. I would like to ask you guys a question. How to fix apps, files and exe Open button that is missing? Even i can't use Google, Mozilla FireFox, Opera, etc. The only browser i can use is Microsoft edge but there is a requirement. I can't just run...
  6. Why Apps, files and exe button are missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Apps, files and exe button are missing?: Hi, there windows users. I would like to ask you guys a question. How to fix apps, files and exe Open button that is missing? Even i can't use Google, Mozilla FireFox, Opera, etc. The only browser i can use is Microsoft edge but there is a requirement. I can't just run...
  7. Why isn't file explorer not opening .exe's?

Why isn't file explorer not opening .exe's?: When i try to open any exe files on explorer it does the busy cursor then it doesn't open it? any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-file-explorer-not-opening-exes/6a803796-da43-4ab8-b50e-887d4de66ee1
  8. .EXE files

.EXE files: I was just wondering if anyone could help or explain to me what exactly this is and what it's used for BridgeCummunication.exe. I noticed it running in my task manager under services and was running as a application. Thankful for any help provided....
  9. Fold Lock .exe file corrupted not opening.

Fold Lock .exe file corrupted not opening.: I recently created a USB portable locker using Folder Lock , the size is 2.9gb so there is no separate locker file-only a single .exe file which is password protected. Suddenly, yesterday while i was using this file my windows crashed and showed blue screen with some pointer...
  10. 3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file: Hi everyone, I've got this serious problem recently. I can't run some .exe file. This problem happens a month ago, but now that file is able to run now, and now it got other .exe file can't run. Everytime I keep launch the .exe application file, the cursor just keep...