Windows 10: Why is MS incapable of leaving Grub alone?

Discus and support Why is MS incapable of leaving Grub alone? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just WHAT is Microsoft's major malfunction that they are *INCAPABLE* of leaving the Grub bootloader alone when MSWin10 does a version "upgrade"????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JELaBarre, Nov 21, 2019.

1. JELaBarre Win User

Why is MS incapable of leaving Grub alone?

Just WHAT is Microsoft's major malfunction that they are *INCAPABLE* of leaving the Grub bootloader alone when MSWin10 does a version "upgrade"???? With all the SUPPOSED programming "geniuses" they have, this should be a dead-simple task, yet they continue to mess this up over and over again and again. I know, you don't actually believe in actually TESTING your products, but try anyway.

I can ONLY presume this is an intentional, hostile act on Microsoft's part. Fortunately I haven't handed this machine over for my daughter to use (unfortunately she has need of MSWin for some things that, due to shoddy programming on the part of many game writers, etc, cannot be made to run under Wine).

:)

JELaBarre, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Fox34 Win User

GRUB loaded error

When I go to boot suse 10.2 with grub, after the bios checking It just displays; "LI." and stops. It just says LI and stops. I now boot with a install disk, then just choose boot from harddrive and it works. Any suggestions?

Fox34, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Sunil_s93 Win User
    Grub rescue

My laptop is already in off condition, I'm not able to do the first step itself. As soon as I turn on the laptop, grub rescue command appears. What to do in this situation?

Sunil_s93, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Why is MS incapable of leaving Grub alone?

Starting Problem in Windows 10, grub issue

Thank you for posting back.

This might require fixing the boot record of the partition and the MBR of the disk where the partition is placed. Try this steps to run a repair:

1. Open Command Prompt as admin.
    2. Enter (or copy and paste) this command-line.

Code:
    bootsect /nt60 drive_letter: /mbr
    Replace [i]drive letter[/i] with your actual driver letter.
    Example: bootsect /nt60 c: /mbr

You can also refer to this thread
    for further information on how to remove grub boot loader.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Why is MS incapable of leaving Grub alone?

1. Why is MS incapable of leaving Grub alone? - Similar Threads - Why incapable leaving

2. WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.: I'M SICK AND FLIPPING TIRED OF MICROSOFT TRYING TO CONTROL THE FREAKING WORLD. WHY CANT YOU LEAVE MY SETTING PREFERENCES ALONE? I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING TO CHANGE ALL MY PREFERENCES BACK EVERYTIME YOU DO AN UPDATE. BING SUCKS!!!! I DON'T USE IT, I USE GOOGLE. QUIT...
  3. WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.: I'M SICK AND FLIPPING TIRED OF MICROSOFT TRYING TO CONTROL THE FREAKING WORLD. WHY CANT YOU LEAVE MY SETTING PREFERENCES ALONE? I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING TO CHANGE ALL MY PREFERENCES BACK EVERYTIME YOU DO AN UPDATE. BING SUCKS!!!! I DON'T USE IT, I USE GOOGLE. QUIT...
  4. What apps must I leave alone

What apps must I leave alone: So, I've had my computer for a couple years and I've installed way too many apps. Now I have this intimidating mess of apps I have to clean. I want to delete everything I don't recognize/use because I'm worried it could be malware or that it's just taking space and making my...
  5. Why won't Windows leave my backup drive alone??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won't Windows leave my backup drive alone??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CptnBangatron [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vskp1r/why_wont_windows_leave_my_backup_drive_alone/
  6. Why can't Microsoft leave things that are working alone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't Microsoft leave things that are working alone?: I'm still seething from some **** they did in an update that now forces me to unplug my hdmi cable to turn on my computer and then plug it back in after the BIOS has processed.Now they did something to take over the Logitech keyboard driver. I have a Logitech MK320 keyboard...
  7. Why can't Microsoft leave things that are working alone?

Why can't Microsoft leave things that are working alone?: I'm still seething from some **** they did in an update that now forces me to unplug my hdmi cable to turn on my computer and then plug it back in after the BIOS has processed.Now they did something to take over the Logitech keyboard driver. I have a Logitech MK320 keyboard...
  8. Why can't Microsoft leave things that are working alone?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Cortana - Why won't it leave me alone.

in Cortana
    Cortana - Why won't it leave me alone.: Cortana window suddenly appears. I close with the X and it immediately pops back un. Extreme nuisance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-why-wont-it-leave-me-alone/4f3d96a2-bf09-4ec8-bf10-78fcac31a792
  10. LEAVE MY PC ALONE

in Windows 10 Customization
    LEAVE MY PC ALONE: Why Windows using all my Disk usage, im tired of this, Windows update, superfetech or whatever, delivery, widnows log, windows read WIDNOW WINDOWS WINODSW!!! can i use my pc for a bit if u dont mind??? i cant do anything, while playing i had lags because of WIndows, opening...