Windows 10: why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?

Discus and support why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; every Microsoft store installed app and Microsoft store itself closes as soon as i open themI've tried a few online tutorials on how to make ms store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xb-bx, Jan 14, 2022.

1. xb-bx Win User

why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?

every Microsoft store installed app and Microsoft store itself closes as soon as i open themI've tried a few online tutorials on how to make ms store work but they dont work for me.there was an error code when i try to open a file with ms store apps:the error code is -2147416359, but i couldn't find any help/articles on this errorI'm using HP windows 10 64bit version 21H2 education edition with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

:)

xb-bx, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 14, 2022
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    unable to download games from app store

Hi,

I suggest that you reset the Windows store, follow the steps below.

Reset the Windows Store

You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

• Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.
    • Click Start and type wsreset.
    • Right-Click on the command and click Run as Administrator. If the Windows permission box appears, click Yes or Run.
    • A black MS DOS screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
    • Attempt to install Sea of Thieves

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them? - Similar Threads - why store installed

2. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings are closing as soon as I open them?: When I go to open my settings close on startup I have restated my computer multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-are-closing-as-soon-as-i-open-them/d4053446-b503-467d-a92b-2e55e28147e4
  3. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My settings are closing as soon as I open them?: When I go to open my settings close on startup I have restated my computer multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-are-closing-as-soon-as-i-open-them/d4053446-b503-467d-a92b-2e55e28147e4
  4. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New downloaded apps from MS Store now requires MS Store to open them

New downloaded apps from MS Store now requires MS Store to open them: Hello everyone. I am running Win 10 Home, Version 22H2, O.S. Build 19045.2846. I noticed this morning that when I downloaded a simple App from MS Store that in order to open the App after downloading it took me to MS Store in order to get it open. I tried this with several...
  6. why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?: every Microsoft store installed app and Microsoft store itself closes as soon as i open themI've tried a few online tutorials on how to make ms store work but they dont work for me.there was an error code when i try to open a file with ms store apps:the error code is...
  7. why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?: every Microsoft store installed app and Microsoft store itself closes as soon as i open themI've tried a few online tutorials on how to make ms store work but they dont work for me.there was an error code when i try to open a file with ms store apps:the error code is...
  8. Microsoft Store closing as soon as i open it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store closing as soon as i open it: This has happened twice to me now, the first time I had to wipe my whole pc after trying every "fix". Don't feel like doing this again after losing all my stuff, can somebody help? This is really stressing me out.BTW i have done wsreset, deleting directories, reseting...
  9. Why does the Windows Camera app close as soon as it opens?

Why does the Windows Camera app close as soon as it opens?: Camera App closes as soon as it opens on my Sony Vaio laptop. Camera works fine on Skype and Zoom. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the camera app, and it still does it....
  10. Many applications close/crash as soon as I open them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many applications close/crash as soon as I open them: writing this on my phone. as the title says, lots of applications I try to open including: chrome, word, firefox, and the search bar all close as soon as I try to open them. Trying to open it too many times will cause my laptop to crash saying kernel security check error....