Windows 10: Why is my 10 minute screen recoded video file over 200 megabytes?

Discus and support Why is my 10 minute screen recoded video file over 200 megabytes? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was recently recording with OBS and when I was done I went to export it but the file size was massive, I looked up how long a 10 minute screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EriksErikk, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Why is my 10 minute screen recoded video file over 200 megabytes?

I was recently recording with OBS and when I was done I went to export it but the file size was massive, I looked up how long a 10 minute screen recorded file should be and it says only around 40 megabytes. Anyone know what’s going on?

submitted by /u/EriksErikk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EriksErikk, Oct 19, 2020

2. nero recode 12 wont open

I have Nero Recode 12 installed and when I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 the screen opens but when I try to import a video a window pops up saying the Recode window has to be closed, has anyone had the same problem

BrianHeronRW, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Help Verifying/Reproducing Video Recoder Issue

I've ran into a fairly serious issue, and would like to see if any of you can reproduce it on any Windows Phone. I have been able to reproduce it on a second unit.

Issue: The video recorder keeps recording even if there is limited/not enough space.

Primary Symptoms:

• Stutter in the latter parts of a saved video (Audio is fine)
    • Complete loss of video file (Unable to save file due to lack of space)
    • Very delayed start of the next video recording (althought it still tries even if there isn't space)
    • Very long delay after stopping the recording.
    • Video screen will blank out (black) while recording (I assume because it doesn't have space anymore)
    Secondary Symptoms

• Purging of other temporary app data, built in Facebook album photos, SkyDrive data due to the phone making space for the video(?). This manifests as a rescyncing of photos when you try to view them after the video recording. Your other apps may need to
      resync data if you open it again.
    • Apps slowing down
    Steps to reproduce:

• Using Zune, sync photos, videos to fill up the phones onboard memory with just ~200MB to spare
    • With the phone disconnected, try recording a video at 720p
    • Let it record for 10 minutes or more
    • See if you experience any of the symptoms above.
    • Please report your findings here.
    Temporary Solution: Clear up space on the device by uninstalling apps/games. Download photos/videos off the device. After making ample space on the device, it is able to record problem-free given the space you have on the device.

Videos I'v recorded: http://sdrv.ms/REMHCm

Phone Model: HTC Radar4G (T-Mobile USA)

OS version: 7.10.8107.79

Firmware revision number: 1600.2200.20402.531

Hardware revision number: 0002

Radio software version: 16.23.05.13_2_16.30.00.23U

Radio hardware version 2.16.0.D4

Bootloader version 2.4.160015.3(136036)

Chip SOC version: 1.6.0.0

Carlo A. Mendoza, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Why is my 10 minute screen recoded video file over 200 megabytes?

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Why is my 10 minute screen recoded video file over 200 megabytes?

1. Why is my 10 minute screen recoded video file over 200 megabytes? - Similar Threads - Why minute screen

2. Recoding the inputsetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recoding the inputsetting: Currently in windows there is not much you can adjust in the inputsettings and most of what i've read on why windows don't use raw data for the mouse is that it limits the input to only be able to process one mouse cursor. Most of the "normal" windows users only use one mouse...
  3. Recoding the inputsetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recoding the inputsetting: Currently in windows there is not much you can adjust in the inputsettings and most of what i've read on why windows don't use raw data for the mouse is that it limits the input to only be able to process one mouse cursor. Most of the "normal" windows users only use one mouse...
  4. win 10 is preventing my recoding software from saving files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 is preventing my recoding software from saving files: I've recently installed my webcam client recording software. I have set the recording folder to a subfolder in My Documents file. My problem is that windows is preventing my software from saving to this folder. This has happened before but I forgot the work around.I have...
  5. win 10 is preventing my recoding software from saving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 is preventing my recoding software from saving files: I've recently installed my webcam client recording software. I have set the recording folder to a subfolder in My Documents file. My problem is that windows is preventing my software from saving to this folder. This has happened before but I forgot the work around.I have...
  6. win 10 is preventing my recoding software from saving files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. A good video converter/recoder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A good video converter/recoder?: What I basically need is to convert .mkv files to .mp4 without getting a watermark, XMediaRecode doesn't seem to be xorking for me anymore. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/KujoJouta [link] [comments]...
  8. Why is my video not in full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my video not in full screen?: Recently some other people and I have been recording games using the Xbox Game Bar, but the result is the video being smaller and moved towards one corner of the screen. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for helping [IMG]...
  9. Missing megabytes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing megabytes.: Hello I have an MS Lumia 550 and with only 8 Gigabytes storage and with Windows taking up a chunk of that I haven't much space left. In settings 'Storage>This device>Pictures' it says there is 95.1MB of pictures yet the only image I have saved is 1 at just 1.21MB can anyone...
  10. Problem with over 200 GB of system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with over 200 GB of system files: I have a 64-bit Windows 10 PC, I built it a few years ago with Windows 7 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade last year. My hard drive is a modest 500 GB but I recently I noticed I am almost out of room so I went to investigate why. When I used Windows 10 Data Usage tool, I...