Windows 10: Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts?

Discus and support Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having troubles for a while; it's starting to get frustrating. All my accounts say they're admin, but I can never do anything because it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Antwone Jenkins, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts?

I've been having troubles for a while; it's starting to get frustrating. All my accounts say they're admin, but I can never do anything because it says I don't have the permission to do so. I've seen this has been a constant problem over multiple versions of windows and I have no idea why it hasn't been fixed. I just want control over the device I paid for.

:)

Antwone Jenkins, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Brian Cab Win User

Enabling administrative status on user account

Hi Jordan,

To address your concern, You can do the following steps provided below:

• Create a new account and set it as Administrator.
    • Log in to the new account and set your original account as Administrator from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Dec 8, 2022
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts?

Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts?

1. Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts? - Similar Threads - Why administrative status

2. Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts?: I've been having troubles for a while; it's starting to get frustrating. All my accounts say they're admin, but I can never do anything because it says I don't have the permission to do so. I've seen this has been a constant problem over multiple versions of windows and I...
  3. Deleting my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting my administrator account: I'm giving away my old Win10 laptop. I've reset Windows which deleted all my files. Finally, I need to delete my own administrator account so that no trace of my ownership remains. How?...
  4. Administrator status on my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator status on my PC: My home PC wont allow me to access Task Manager, Power Settings, Etc. and says i am no longer an administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-status-on-my-pc/0a75cf27-b8b9-4f94-97a4-6f6f8509bbcd
  5. changing my account as administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing my account as administrator: Hi! every one . I am Riya . I am facing problem in creating my account as administrator . I have seen many[ATTACH] youtube videos as well as my webpages on google but I can`t find any solution.[ATTACH]...
  6. Administrator status?

Administrator status?: In the last few days I had to do a recovery of my PD. I now find that I am no longer the administrator and files on my desktop are all 'read only'. How can I reset myself to administrator status?...
  7. Administrator status

Administrator status: I set-up this new laptop from scratch - obviously with the status of "administrator" I am logged in as "administrator" I want to make a small alteration but get error message "to do this you must have administrator rights" !!! Yet another example of Windows stupidity....
  8. restoring an account to administrator status

restoring an account to administrator status: I was constantly getting messages saying that I could not save letters etc in documents as I needed administrator approval despite my account being an administrator account. How can I restore to be an administrator....
  9. ASP.NET is my administrator account

ASP.NET is my administrator account: by mistake. Win 10 Pro. Now I can't change it because "Access is denied" obviously, from all the other local accounts. I tried running CMD.EXE and accessing PowerShell. I went into Task List & tried to change user permissions & definitions. Access is always denied. Can't...
  10. Who are IT administrators on my account?

Who are IT administrators on my account?: I receive a message stated: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. There should not be any IT activities on my pc?...