Windows 10: Why is my administrators account locked out on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 after KB4579311...

Discus and support Why is my administrators account locked out on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 after KB4579311... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my windows 10 Pro version 20H2 with KB4579311. Now my Administrator account is locked up and I am unable to use that account. I am now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dennissulz, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Why is my administrators account locked out on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 after KB4579311...

I updated my windows 10 Pro version 20H2 with KB4579311. Now my Administrator account is locked up and I am unable to use that account. I am now using my regular account, and everything seems fine but my other account I cannot do anything with it. It is froze up without any internet access or anything really. I can get a few things that are on the desktop to open but absolutely no internet or anything really on that account.

:)

dennissulz, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Why is my administrators account locked out on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 after KB4579311... :(

Zakin, Oct 24, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Why is my administrators account locked out on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 after KB4579311...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Why is my administrators account locked out on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 after KB4579311...

1. Why is my administrators account locked out on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 after KB4579311... - Similar Threads - Why administrators account

2. Locked out of administrative account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  3. Locked out of administrative account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  4. Administrator Account Locked Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...
  5. Administrator Account Locked Out

Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...
  6. Windows 10 Lock account out of administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Lock account out of administrative privileges: Windows 10 Home: would like to have one account as an administrator and one as a standard local user with no administrative permissions. I have the accounts set up like I would like them, however the standard user has permissions to modify account types and can make...
  7. Windows 10 Lock account out of administrative privileges

Windows 10 Lock account out of administrative privileges: Windows 10 Home: would like to have one account as an administrator and one as a standard local user with no administrative permissions. I have the accounts set up like I would like them, however the standard user has permissions to modify account types and can make...
  8. Windows 10 Lock account out of administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Locked out of Administrator Windows 10 Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Administrator Windows 10 Account: I can't log in to my Windows 10 home account. The pin is not working either. I can sign into my windows online account fine, but I'm not 100% sure that the Windows 10 home account is a local account. I've tried shift, restart and then trying to go into safe mode, but it...
  10. Locked out administrator account in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out administrator account in Windows 10: Hello, I have three users. one is administrator and two are users group. I tried many times wrong password and now account (admin) is disabled. I should unlock it explicitly. but other users are limited. How can unlock administrator account? (I'm learning windows 10 and...
Tags: