Windows 10: Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming?

Discus and support Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My ALT+TAB is slow even when I'm not gaming. It's not a performance issue, my laptop has not a weak configuration. Every topic I see describes this as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luiz OtávioCordeiro, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming?

My ALT+TAB is slow even when I'm not gaming. It's not a performance issue, my laptop has not a weak configuration. Every topic I see describes this as a problem when people are playing games in full screen. But that happens in my laptop permanently, e.g. when I have only a browser open. What can I do?

:)

Luiz OtávioCordeiro, Dec 1, 2019

2. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Dec 1, 2019
  3. MrDaryl Win User
    Slow alt-tab

Hello,

I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from full screen to desktop. In W7 it was taking like 1 second to alt-tab to deskop, but on W10 it is like 4-5 seconds, and I hate losing this time, it feels like 5 times longer. Is this normal, is my PC spec to slow for W10 + alt-tam games? I don't mention any particular game, because I tried many of them, and it happens on them all, old games, new games, same thing...

My drivers are up to date.

Please advice something, I still have 5 days to revert to W7 then it will be too late.

MrDaryl, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming?

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming? Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming?

1. Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming? - Similar Threads - Why ALT+TAB slow

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working: Hi All,I had a new issue arise last week with no software changes. When I attempt to alt-tab to any other program regardless of what I am currently using, the application I attempt to change to, will blink orange on my taskbar and nothing else would happen.I've tried...
  4. Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working: Hi All,I had a new issue arise last week with no software changes. When I attempt to alt-tab to any other program regardless of what I am currently using, the application I attempt to change to, will blink orange on my taskbar and nothing else would happen.I've tried...
  5. Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Slow Alt-Tab and Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Alt-Tab and Photos: In the past month or so alt-tabbing and other windows apps like photos have become extremely slow. Pressing "next" in photos makes it lag for 10 seconds, and if I tab out of it I cannot tab back in. Alt-tab has similar issues, it will take upto 10 seconds for that to complete...
  7. Slow alt-tabbing while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow alt-tabbing while gaming: Hi, as the title says: while I'm playing games (for instance Rust or League of Legends), alt-tabbing goes very slowly. It takes about 2-3 seconds, which was never the case before. I have tried turning off focus assist, but it doesn't work anymore (I recall having had this...
  8. Disabling this makes my game alt-tab faster, but why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling this makes my game alt-tab faster, but why?: Tested game: CS:GO, dunno about other games... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-this-makes-my-game-alt-tab-faster-but/040610fa-dbcf-4aa7-8f54-302d0d67a8d3
  9. the Alt + Tab is slow when i play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the Alt + Tab is slow when i play: I played perfectly before updating to 1803 now my Alt + Tab is super slow Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/the-alt-tab-is-slow-when-i-play/53784add-9317-4513-94f6-4b5ab7ef9042
  10. Slow alt-tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow alt-tab: Hello, I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from full screen to desktop. In W7 it was taking like 1 second to alt-tab to deskop, but on W10 it is like 4-5 seconds, and I hate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i alt tab its slow