Windows 10: Why is my bluetooth device connected, but not pairing with my PC?

Discus and support Why is my bluetooth device connected, but not pairing with my PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/watwaztat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8hy2m/why_is_my_bluetooth_device_connected_but_not/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/watwaztat, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Why is my bluetooth device connected, but not pairing with my PC?

/u/watwaztat, Aug 12, 2020

2. Bluetooth audio headset not recognized by Windows - won't pair/connect

Hi,

I've run into a problem recently with pairing my wireless Bose Soundsport headphones to my PC. Up until recently, the headphones paired and worked fine with my PC and iPhone simultaneously. I have 2 pairs of these exact headphones, and neither of them connect to this PC. However, they still connect to any other device.

The problem I am experiencing has persisted ever since I installed a graphics driver update via the GeForce Experience application (version 397.64, released on 05/09/2018). I updated this driver as a result of a few Memory_Management BSOD's and crashes while playing Fortnite.

Before anyone says, "Have you tried a troubleshooter / reinstall bluetooth drivers / make device discoverable / etc..." , please know that I've gone through the basic steps to solve problems like these. The only thing I haven't done is revert to a previous graphics driver - as I'd rather not do that. From a few hours of research, I haven't seen a problem similar to this.

What I Am Experiencing:
    - I've paired and un-paired this device many times in the past. So I know the procedure.
    - When I set the headphones to "Ready to Pair", the device name is expected to appear in the device list after clicking "Add Bluetooth or other device" in Windows Bluetooth settings.
    - Instead, I only see an audio device called "Headphone" that, when clicked, will just say "Connecting..." indefinitely (see attached image).

In the past, the "Add Bluetooth or other device" would display the name of the device (Bose Soundsport), whereas now it only displays "Headphone". Why can my PC only see the headphones?

Why is my bluetooth device connected, but not pairing with my PC? [​IMG]

davyjones90, Sep 10, 2020
  3. No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Why is my bluetooth device connected, but not pairing with my PC?

Bluetooth Devices will not Pair

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct Forum !

I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000 and Wedge keyboard (the early one that does not fold).
    Both have been working perfectly.

Recently I paired them both successfully with a new Samsung tablet, but when I came to use them again on my laptop,
    I found that I could not pair either of them.

I have spent countless hours researching this without success.

Here's where I am now:

Settings > Bluetooth & other devices does not list either of them.
    Device Manager > Bluetooth has both of them showing and reports both working properly.

Device Manager reports as follows:

Notebook Mouse 5000:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

Wedge Mobile Keyboard:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

The 2 Service Discovery Service entries also report that further installation is required.

Can anyone suggest the way forward, please ?

Regards.

stuartgb100, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Why is my bluetooth device connected, but not pairing with my PC?

1. Why is my bluetooth device connected, but not pairing with my PC? - Similar Threads - Why bluetooth device

2. Bluetooth device won't connected to PC if was previously paired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device won't connected to PC if was previously paired: if I want to connect a gamepad to my PC via blueooth, I have to go into settings and manually remove it and perform the pairing process once moreit does not allow a device that was already paired to connect to it directly, it only connects to a device that is trying to pair...
  3. Bluetooth device won't connected to PC if was previously paired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth device won't connected to PC if was previously paired: if I want to connect a gamepad to my PC via blueooth, I have to go into settings and manually remove it and perform the pairing process once moreit does not allow a device that was already paired to connect to it directly, it only connects to a device that is trying to pair...
  4. HELP! Bluetooth devices paired connected, no sound! Why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP! Bluetooth devices paired connected, no sound! Why?: I've tried everything to resolve this issue I can find.It's been going on awhile now. And today, I was searching YouTube for answers, I heard the YouTube video through my Beats wireless headphones, but when I went back to Itunes, I could get no sound,.There was one driver...
  5. Paired Bluetooth device asks for pairing at every connection

Paired Bluetooth device asks for pairing at every connection: Hi,i use two notebooks with the same integrated Bluetooth / Wifi Adapter Intel Wireless AC7260. Paired Device is a Measuring-Device. On notebook1 it works like this: I initiate the connection via third party app Testo. The app briefly searches for the meter on the defined COM...
  6. BLuetooth Connectivity - Device Paired But Not Connecting

BLuetooth Connectivity - Device Paired But Not Connecting: Hi there, a few months I purchased a program to clean my system up and help it run smoother. In the midst of the purchase there was an extra program to update drivers available which I so foolishly agreed to purchasing and decided to update drivers as well. Upon doing so...
  7. Why is there not an option to NOT automatically connect to bluetooth devices I've paired my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is there not an option to NOT automatically connect to bluetooth devices I've paired my...: Year 2020 and there's still not an option not to automatically connect to paired BT devices on Windows 10. I remember having this option on my smartphone for ages now. Sick and tired of my PC connecting to my audio devices when I'm in the middle of using them on another...
  8. my bluetooth is connected but it doesnot pair with other devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my bluetooth is connected but it doesnot pair with other devices: plzzzzzzz help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
  9. Bluetooth - No device pairing with my PC

Bluetooth - No device pairing with my PC: So, this problem came from nowhere a few days ago, when I wanted to connect a device to my PC via Bluetooth, and for some reason it just didn't work. No matter what I did. I've literally tried everything, reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, I've read your "Fix Bluetooth...
  10. Bluetooth not connecting to paired device.

Bluetooth not connecting to paired device.: I have gone through the steps to pair an audio device to my laptop. However, when I have tried to connect my headphones I get this message: [ATTACH] My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 500 and my headphones are Grundig bluetooth wireless headphones (they did not come this a model...