Windows 10: Why is my C drive in use while transferring files from D to E?

Discus and support Why is my C drive in use while transferring files from D to E? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes, when I copy files from an HDD internal or external, no difference to an internal M.2 SSD, my C drive SATA SSD is in use. Task Manager shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MatthiasZangerle, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Why is my C drive in use while transferring files from D to E?

Sometimes, when I copy files from an HDD internal or external, no difference to an internal M.2 SSD, my C drive SATA SSD is in use. Task Manager shows me ~60% of usage ~30-60 MB/s read and ~300-1200 KB/s write.None of my drives is close to "full" and there is enough space to operate.This does not happen every time though. Large sequential writings do not make any problems. Multiple small files cause the C drive to be used. Some times.Whenever I pause the transfer, the C drive usage goes down to 0. When I start it again, the usage goes up again. So it's definitely relatable to file transf

:)

MatthiasZangerle, Nov 25, 2021
  2. LonGun Win User

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Snp Chung Win User
    Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive

Hi,

I am wanting to re-link my default folder from C Drive and transfer all files over to D Drive.

How do I do that?

Regards

Chung

Snp Chung, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Why is my C drive in use while transferring files from D to E?

I can't transfer a file from drive D back to Drive C

I transfer a big file of my game from drive C to Drive D to free up space, but now I can't play my game and I think its because I transfer its file to drive D. and whenever I try to copy the file from drive D back to drive C. It still doesn't show. I can't
    copy the file.

Can someone help me with my issues?

yaheher123, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Why is my C drive in use while transferring files from D to E?

1. Why is my C drive in use while transferring files from D to E? - Similar Threads - Why drive while

2. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  3. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  4. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why is my C drive in use while transferring files from D to E?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my C drive in use while transferring files from D to E?: Sometimes, when I copy files from an HDD internal or external, no difference to an internal M.2 SSD, my C drive SATA SSD is in use. Task Manager shows me ~60% of usage ~30-60 MB/s read and ~300-1200 KB/s write.None of my drives is close to "full" and there is enough space to...
  6. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive: I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both appear to be chosen for cloning. Both drives have system folders on them but my D drive is huge and I don't need to clone it. I...
  7. Transferring 'Documents' folder/files from C to D drive

Transferring 'Documents' folder/files from C to D drive: As the title says, I'm trying to move the folder to my D drive as my C drive has been rapidly losing storage not sure why, any tips on that? and so I wanted to free up space. Well, I was advised that I can redirect the 'documents' folder by right clicking the folder, going to...
  8. Transferring files from C: to D:?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from C: to D:?: Hello all. I need to free up some storage on my C drive and I was wondering if it is safe to transfer files from the C to D drive. If so, what files would be good to transfer from my c to d? Program files? NVIDIA driver files? Not sure what would be safe to transfer from one...
  9. office transfer from c drive to d drive.

office transfer from c drive to d drive.: Hello, Good afternoon, I would like to transfer Microsoft office 2019 from C drive to D drive on my HP Probook 450 g7. I am on Windows 10 version 20H2. Please help me....
  10. Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive

Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive: Hi, I am wanting to re-link my default folder from C Drive and transfer all files over to D Drive. How do I do that? Regards Chung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-file-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/a2298baa-2832-4aae-ab78-4e9a5115d2f3