Windows 10: Why is my camera not working?

Discus and support Why is my camera not working? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried all the options that this website gave me if my camera wasn't working It says that there is no camera attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by redstone bedsto, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Why is my camera not working?

I have tried all the options that this website gave me if my camera wasn't working It says that there is no camera attached

:)

redstone bedsto, Oct 7, 2018

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Why is my camera not working?

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Why is my camera not working?

1. Why is my camera not working? - Similar Threads - Why camera working

2. why my camera does not work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my camera does not work?: all app have access to my camera but my camera does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-camera-does-not-work/ecac75b4-c8df-447b-9a24-4f2422b4e114
  3. Why my camera is not working on messenger or the camera app

Why my camera is not working on messenger or the camera app: I already fix my laptop this january on acer then it happened again and I think the realtek is the one who has a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-camera-is-not-working-on-messenger-or-the/c844d635-126c-4d51-bf43-49f67e53475a
  4. Why my camera is not working on messenger or the camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my camera is not working on messenger or the camera app: I already fix my laptop this january on acer then it happened again and I think the realtek is the one who has a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-camera-is-not-working-on-messenger-or-the/c844d635-126c-4d51-bf43-49f67e53475a
  5. Why my camera is not working on messenger or the camera app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Why won't my camera work?

Why won't my camera work?: help me,my camera is dosnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-camera-work/5d4914ff-180d-4464-8625-1667d87969bf
  7. why is my camera app not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my camera app not working?: last time my camera had the same issue, so I went to the ASUS laptop office, so they said the camera Lense was broken so they fixed it and the camera worked, and now it's the same thing I don't know why. Can you please tell me how to fix it. Even the camera key on the...
  8. why is my camera app not working?

why is my camera app not working?: last time my camera had the same issue, so I went to the ASUS laptop office, so they said the camera Lense was broken so they fixed it and the camera worked, and now it's the same thing I don't know why. Can you please tell me how to fix it. Even the camera key on the...
  9. Why won’t my camera work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won’t my camera work?: When I use any application that uses my camera, instead of the camera I see a grey screen with a laptop with the camera circled see attached. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-camera-work/2bf4f1aa-318a-420b-8e84-1afc391ef91c
  10. Why is my camera not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my camera not working?: My camera does not work. This is what I see [ATTACH] What happens is when I restart my laptop my camera works while it is just coming on. After it boots up completely, it is not detected. I go to device manager and it is not there after some time. I tried to...