Windows 10: why is my camera so dark?

Discus and support why is my camera so dark? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my pics are dark and I cant seem to make them brighter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dezron1, Jan 10, 2019.

1. dezron1 Win User

why is my camera so dark?

my pics are dark and I cant seem to make them brighter

:)

dezron1, Jan 10, 2019

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 10, 2019
  3. imranr Win User
    Dark black spot on Nokia 5800 camera

My nokia 5800xm camera shows black spot in the bottom right corner in the image mode.

When i change it to video mode it does not show any spot. Also, when i zoom in the camera the black spot goes out of the screen image but it comes back when i zoom out.

I have tried cleaning the camera lens and also tried shaking / banging phone on my hand as suggested for other nokia phones for same problem.

The dark spot is still there. Any suggestions?

Phone Details:

Model: 5800 XpressMusic

Software Version: V52.0.007

Software Version Date: 17-10-2010

imranr, Jan 10, 2019
  4. jekiboi20 Win User

Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. why is my camera so dark? - Similar Threads - why camera dark

2. Why is my camera so grainy and unclear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my camera so grainy and unclear: I have a dell laptop, Windows 11, and my camera is quite grainy and unclear. Is there anything I can do about it or is that just the quality of this camera?...
  3. Why is my camera so grainy and unclear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my camera so grainy and unclear: I have a dell laptop, Windows 11, and my camera is quite grainy and unclear. Is there anything I can do about it or is that just the quality of this camera?...
  4. Why is my laptop brightness so dark?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop brightness so dark?: On my windows 11 laptop, my screen is almost black. I can't see much, just barely anything. I've tried to troubleshoot it using a shortcut, but it won't work. I'm completely worried and confused. My brightness keys won't work either....
  5. Why is my laptop brightness so dark?

Why is my laptop brightness so dark?: On my windows 11 laptop, my screen is almost black. I can't see much, just barely anything. I've tried to troubleshoot it using a shortcut, but it won't work. I'm completely worried and confused. My brightness keys won't work either....
  6. Camera so dark in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera so dark in my laptop: I used the camera for my work however today I cant see any image. Its only shows dark without anything. I checked on the build in camera itself to see if there is any object that is blocking it but there is none and I have the updated Windows as well. I remember I have this...
  7. Camera so dark in my laptop

Camera so dark in my laptop: I used the camera for my work however today I cant see any image. Its only shows dark without anything. I checked on the build in camera itself to see if there is any object that is blocking it but there is none and I have the updated Windows as well. I remember I have this...
  8. Why is my camera so pixelated?

Why is my camera so pixelated?: For some reason, my camera is soooo pixelated. So nervous if people are going to notice in my upcoming interview... It's fully updated. I'm not able to fix it. : Here is a picture of it on a wall: [ATTACH] So pixelated right?...
  9. camera light is too dark

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera light is too dark: My Surface Pro camera light is so dark, I can barely be seen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-light-is-too-dark/0c305304-8c1e-4898-a6d4-6b0415678432
  10. why my clock on taskbar is dark?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why my clock on taskbar is dark?: help, everything in my taskbar icon is white, except for clock and date.. how to change it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-clock-on-taskbar-is-dark/eff6bb83-b35a-4b3c-a17f-1afb8b845122