Windows 10: Why is my Character Map display missing the Keystroke: Alt + numpad codes in the bottom...

Discus and support Why is my Character Map display missing the Keystroke: Alt + numpad codes in the bottom... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is my Character Map display missing the Keystroke: Alt + numpad codes in the bottom right corner of the window on Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BoydSmith1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Why is my Character Map display missing the Keystroke: Alt + numpad codes in the bottom...

Why is my Character Map display missing the Keystroke: Alt + numpad codes in the bottom right corner of the window on Windows 10?

:)

BoydSmith1, Mar 26, 2020

2. ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

I find it easier to just press the key with 1 on it, instead of Alt+(numpad)49 *Wink

Thanks for posting the information and the portable doc.

Every Windows has Charmap in Start | Windows Accessories. It's great if you need a one time character, but not as convenient as learning the few often typed characters such as the ones Dick mentioned.

If you want to go further with characters, beyond this thread then you should take a peek at Charmap

Why is my  Character Map display missing the  Keystroke: Alt + numpad codes  in the bottom... [​IMG]

Slartybart, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Codes ALT+NumPad

The part codes ALT+NumPad are not functioning on this PC. When I worked on the other PC all of them were functioning but now I can input just
    ALT+NumPad codes from 32 to 255

John Bunkers, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Why is my Character Map display missing the Keystroke: Alt + numpad codes in the bottom...

Character map

When Using character map, I would expect to see the keystroke (Alt-code) on the right bottom side, but I don't.

How to fix this?

Arian Vervaet, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Why is my Character Map display missing the Keystroke: Alt + numpad codes in the bottom...

1. Why is my Character Map display missing the Keystroke: Alt + numpad codes in the bottom... - Similar Threads - Why Character Map

2. Alt-Character Code is repeating after hitting the next keystroke - section symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Character Code is repeating after hitting the next keystroke - section symbols: I frequently use the alt-character code for the section symbol § alt+0167. However, After I entered the code and hit another key e.g., the space key it automatically adds another § symbol. Why is that? How can I stop that?...
  3. Alt-Character Code is repeating after hitting the next keystroke - section symbols

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt-Character Code is repeating after hitting the next keystroke - section symbols: I frequently use the al-character code for the section symbol § alt+0167. However, After I entered the code and hit another key e.g., the space key it automatically adds another § symbol. Why is that? How can I stop that?...
  4. keystrokes on bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keystrokes on bottom of screen: everything I type is shown at the bottom of the screen - no matter what app is open etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keystrokes-on-bottom-of-screen/61d2eb90-fece-4b52-9943-021240cd5953
  5. keystrokes on bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    keystrokes on bottom of screen: everything I type is shown at the bottom of the screen - no matter what app is open etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keystrokes-on-bottom-of-screen/61d2eb90-fece-4b52-9943-021240cd5953
  6. ASCII codes in Character Map

ASCII codes in Character Map: Hello, I am looking for a way to show the ASCII codes of all characters that have one in the Character Map in Windows 10 Pro as used to be the case in older versions, in such a way that when I wish to insert a special character in another application I can easily check what...
  7. [Character Map] Add Keystroke Combinations For Unassigned Symbols

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Character Map] Add Keystroke Combinations For Unassigned Symbols: Hi all, So basically i'm at a loss here. There's a couple of symbols i use quite frequently, but fall outside of the standard 255 alt code range. I've tried looking through the Character Map program, and the symbol i'm looking for doesn't have a combination. Specifically...
  8. Codes ALT+NumPad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Codes ALT+NumPad: The part codes ALT+NumPad are not functioning on this PC. When I worked on the other PC all of them were functioning but now I can input just ALT+NumPad codes from 32 to 255...
  9. Alt Key Character Inputs (Keystrokes) not working on Windows 10

Alt Key Character Inputs (Keystrokes) not working on Windows 10: hello, I just bought a brand new laptop with Windows 10 installed, which i use for work & study. I have always relied quite heavily upon the Alt key character shortcuts as my line of work requires frequent use of greek characters & mathematical symbols but these commands...
  10. Why is font not displayed in Character Map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is font not displayed in Character Map: Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not? [img] 23862