Windows 10: Why is my computer always booting into WinRE?

Discus and support Why is my computer always booting into WinRE? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I inserted a Windows 8.1 USB Installation Media and after booting into it I selected the Language, Keyboard etc. Then I clicked Next and clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SIDHARTHCHATTERJEE, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Why is my computer always booting into WinRE?

I inserted a Windows 8.1 USB Installation Media and after booting into it I selected the Language, Keyboard etc. Then I clicked Next and clicked 'Repair your computer' then I selected 'Advanced Options' then I selected 'Startup Repair' then it said 'Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC' then I clicked 'Shut down' then I turned on my PC and it's saying 'Please wait' as if it's booting into WinRE and after booting several times the same thing is happening and I am unable to load the OS. Please help.

:)

SIDHARTHCHATTERJEE, Jun 20, 2020

2. Unable to boot the PC stuck in WinRE mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the PC doesn’t work the way it is supposed to. I appreciate your effort in trying to resolve the issue by performing troubleshooting steps. For better understanding of the issue, please
    respond to the questions below:

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Do you receive any error code when you try to boot the PC normally?
    3. What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?
    4. What is the error you receive while performing reset?
    5. What was the result of automatic repair?

Meanwhile, you can try removing any external devices connected to the PC and check if you are able to boot the PC.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try booting the PC to safe mode and check if that helps.
    Refer the article
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    . If the PC is working fine in safe mode, perform a clean boot being in safe mode environment check.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot
    on the computer. However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Try troubleshooting startup issues. You can refer the article on

troubleshooting common startup issues
    and see if that helps.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be
    lost.

If you have an external hard drive, you can take the backup of the data by following the steps mentioned below.

1. Open command prompt window by following the article

troubleshooting common startup issues
    2. On the command prompt window type,
      notepad.exe and hit enter.
    3. Now click on File
      and click Open…
    4. On the Open file window, click on
      This PC
    5. Now navigate to the location
      C:\Users\UserName\
      select the folder that you want to backup to the external drive.

Note:
      To see all the files on the Open dialog box, change the
      files of type
      to All files.

6. Right click on the file/folder
      and select Send to and select the external hard drive.

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the result of troubleshooting steps to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    boot failure

If you can access the Advanced options page, it means that you're able to pull up the Windows Recovery environment (WinRe). In WinRe, you perform a lot of ways to recover your computer. You can also boot your computer to safe mode or safe mode with networking
    in WinRe. We recommend booting up the computer in safe mode with networking for us to verify if your computer will function properly. To the computer in safe mode with networking in WinRe, follow these steps:

• On the starting page of Windows Recovery, select Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Advanced options.
    • Click Startup settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Choose the number that corresponds to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
    • See if it will boot the computer in safe mode,

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Why is my computer always booting into WinRE?

Computer did not boot after automatic update

Hi Henry,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process (For Laptop: Remove the battery before performing the steps)
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in
    safe mode
    . This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control
      Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Why is my computer always booting into WinRE?

1. Why is my computer always booting into WinRE? - Similar Threads - Why computer always

2. Why does my Computer / Games always crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Computer / Games always crash?: Hello! I have had this problem for quite some time now. At first when I began having these issues, there were mostly bluescreens, but now nearly only the games crash. My Pc also shuts down sometimes but it doesnt show any bsods, its just black.I have collected some bsods, but...
  3. Why does my Computer / Games always crash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Computer / Games always crash?: Hello! I have had this problem for quite some time now. At first when I began having these issues, there were mostly bluescreens, but now nearly only the games crash. My Pc also shuts down sometimes but it doesnt show any bsods, its just black.I have collected some bsods, but...
  4. Why does my Computer / Games always crash?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe: I just upgrade my DELL from Windows 10 to 11. It gave me a blue screen. I have followed the instructions to restart into WinRe, but the laptop cannot restart, it shows me the f8 key for recovery , but the safe mode keys when pressed do not lead to reboot to safe mode , they...
  6. BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe: I just upgrade my DELL from Windows 10 to 11. It gave me a blue screen. I have followed the instructions to restart into WinRe, but the laptop cannot restart, it shows me the f8 key for recovery , but the safe mode keys when pressed do not lead to reboot to safe mode , they...
  7. Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer: My computer was stuck at the black loading screen after it bluescreened so I was advised to attempt to enter winRE by hard shutting down and restarting several times. After doing so three times the computer once again went to the black loading screen and then shut itself...
  8. Cannot Boot to Windows and Will Not Go to WinRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot to Windows and Will Not Go to WinRE: My wife's Dell Latitude E7450 has the problem mentioned in the subject line. I know after three restarts it is supposed to take you to WinRE. It did this once where I tried to do a reset and now I am in a continuous loop of reboots....
  9. Why Is My Webcam Always On?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Is My Webcam Always On?: My webcam seems to be on even when the computer is off. It has a ring of white leds around the lens and they have been shining all the time, whether the pc is on or off. How's that possible I wonder? 132010
  10. Why Is My Webcam Always On?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Is My Webcam Always On?: My webcam seems to be on even when the computer is off. It has a ring of white leds around the lens and they have been shining all the time, whether the pc is on or off. How's that possible I wonder? 132010