Windows 10: Why is my computer checking for updates much later than usual?

Discus and support Why is my computer checking for updates much later than usual? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; More like 12 hours later than usual. It usually checks for them when I first turn on my computer. I got up from my computer then saw my red light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rockfan13, Feb 25, 2021.

1. rockfan13 Win User

Why is my computer checking for updates much later than usual?

More like 12 hours later than usual. It usually checks for them when I first turn on my computer. I got up from my computer then saw my red light blinking. Then I checked the task manager and I saw Windows update then the Antimalware thing showed up. So, I checked my settings, it just checked for updates. When it usually does it between 2-4pm.

I didn't change my habits or anything else to make it check for updates later. This is so strange, never had this happen before. Unless I did it on purpose.

My version number is 2004 Home. It even checked for my updates at the usual time for Patch Tuesday two weeks ago.

:)

rockfan13, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 download stop at checking for updates

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• Do you have any anti-virus program installed?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update
    troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services
      and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Method 3: Place the computer in Clean Boot and then install the updates

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Refer the article below to perform clean boot:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Please refer to the section:
    How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Feb 25, 2021
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Why is my computer checking for updates much later than usual? - Similar Threads - Why computer checking

2. Windows using too much memory than usually it takes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows using too much memory than usually it takes: I am using windows 11 pro in my pc for 9 month’s.but i am facing a problem, 3 days gone my pc is using too much memory than usually it uses i am using 8 gb of ram and 7.75 gb usable but windows taking 7.2 gb after booting i turned of all startup items yet now that's not...
  3. Windows using too much memory than usually it takes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows using too much memory than usually it takes: I am using windows 11 pro in my pc for 9 month’s.but i am facing a problem, 3 days gone my pc is using too much memory than usually it uses i am using 8 gb of ram and 7.75 gb usable but windows taking 7.2 gb after booting i turned of all startup items yet now that's not...
  4. Internet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  5. Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual: This is my Task Manager.Each app uses more ram than usual.I don't use any app but why in task manager it uses a lot of ram.I don't know how to fix it pls help me!...
  6. Why is my computer checking for updates twice daily?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is my computer checking for updates twice daily?: It's automatically doing it. It checked for them once at 3:09 then again at 4:39. I don't know if it happened yesterday or not. But it checked for them at almost the same time on Friday. At about 4:39. Can the second time be for app updates? But if it is, then why did that...
  7. sound is deeper than usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound is deeper than usual: so my computer audio sounds a lot deeper than usual, kinda slow and demonic lol. i tried updating drivers, turning off audio enhancements, ect but it only fixed the problem slightly. i need help trying to fix my sound and make it normal again submitted by /u/DarthSidekick...
  8. My laptop is much slower than usual in many aspects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is much slower than usual in many aspects: My laptop today has been slow when I have been using anything windows explorer related, right clicking items, all of my internet browsers says “page unresponsive” and takes a few minutes until the page i wants actually loads, programs take a long time to open, and some...
  9. My laptop is all of the sudden much slower than usual, it's charging and is still under...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is all of the sudden much slower than usual, it's charging and is still under...: My laptop has a slated top speed of 3.0GhZ and is usually at 2.6, but for some reason it can only go to about 1.4 now. My GPU is also a lot slower than usual. I don't believe it is because of overheating because I had left it off overnight and am just now using it. Any ideas?...
  10. Ethernet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet slower than usual: Recently, I moved my PC to another area and now the ethernet went from 120 mpbs download speed to 30. The router and everything is right next to the PC, but yet the ethernet speed was cut in four. What happened and how do I fix it?...