Windows 10: Why is my computer eating up all my RAM, CPU, and Disk?

Discus and support Why is my computer eating up all my RAM, CPU, and Disk? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I recently bought a new laptop, installed Avast Antivirus as well as MS Edge Dev. Now, I've noticed my computer is running significantly slower. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Comdervids, May 26, 2019.

1. Why is my computer eating up all my RAM, CPU, and Disk?

So I recently bought a new laptop, installed Avast Antivirus as well as MS Edge Dev. Now, I've noticed my computer is running significantly slower. I fire up the task manager and see this:

Why is my computer eating up all my RAM, CPU, and Disk? 3460aed4-3e01-4e71-b6ce-8420af8c1717?upload=true.png

I took this picture with only two apps running, but before it went to 40% CPU, 80% Memory, 90% Disk, and 5% GPU.

I have 8GB RAM and an Intel i5 8th gen.

Please help me fix this.

:)

Comdervids, May 26, 2019

2. "System and compressed memory" eating my cpu and ram !

Hello everybody

I have Asus G75vx and win10 . I noticed that "System and compressed memory" is eating my cpu and ram. i searched in the forum with the similar subject and some of them suggested to disable hibernation . nut for me is always disable and i never use hibernation.

is there any solution for this disaster problem ?

thank you

MahdiMohammadnezhad, May 26, 2019
  3. Alex_703 Win User
    Win-10 eating up ram ?...

I know there is a problem with Google chrome eating up all the ram on my Macs.

I think it is doing the same thing on my Win-10 computers.

As soon as I close Google chrome browser my ram usage drops back down to normal.

How can I print out the list of running processes ?

Why is my computer eating up all my RAM, CPU, and Disk? 99d8f12b-0586-42ee-b1d5-554b9789c095.jpg

Alex_703, May 26, 2019
  4. niko no Win User

Why is my computer eating up all my RAM, CPU, and Disk?

Too much CPU/RAM/Disk usage??

Alright so here's the catch, this morning when I opened my computer with NO OTHER APPLICATION opened up, my disk usage was at 100% and occasionally the CPU usage would be like that as well. The cause for this was because of the "system" task and the "anti-malware"
    task. I tried looking up any solutions, and they worked! For the most part. Then another thing happened, the "Windows Problem Reporting" task started to eat up my RAM and disk. New problems keep coming up and? This is very frustrating?? This computer is not
    very old as I have only gotten it a couple weeks back, but these are CLEARLY applications that come with windows in a sense. These programs are really stupid if they intentionally made them this way, and I hope they didn't. All I want to do is use my computer
    for schoolwork and maybe a couple of games, but unfortunately I can't, and you can thank all those little tasks. I'm just afraid of fixing this problem, then another problems appears. What do I do?

niko no, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Why is my computer eating up all my RAM, CPU, and Disk?

1. Why is my computer eating up all my RAM, CPU, and Disk? - Similar Threads - Why computer eating

2. Laptop is eating up all my storage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is eating up all my storage.: *THIS IS NOT A VIRUS. I HAVE USED MULTIPLE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARES AND NONE HAVE FLAGGED ANYTHING UP.*A few weeks ago, I decided to uninstall Sims 4 because it was about 22gb's and I needed space in my trash bag that is a dell laptop. Fast forward to now, I only have 3 out of the...
  3. Windows 11 dwm.exe eating up my ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 dwm.exe eating up my ram: I need help, guys. The processes "dwm.exe" and "Windows Explorer.exe" are consuming excessive amounts of my RAM. I have already conducted a thorough scan using both Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool MRT and Malwarebytes, but no infected files were detected. here's...
  4. What the heck is eating up all my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the heck is eating up all my RAM?: Something is eating up a huge portion of my RAM but it doesn't show in the task manager. The system has 32 GB of RAM. https://prnt.sc/10x4ox5 https://prnt.sc/10x4ww8 submitted by /u/AwakenedMemory [link] [comments]...
  5. What's eating up so MUCH of my RAM?

What's eating up so MUCH of my RAM?: I literally checked everywhere, closed microsoft edge, closed discord, I only have Microsoft edge with like 3 tabs open and no matter what i close It still says it's using up like atleast 50% of my entire ram, which is weird, because i have 2666mhz of 16gb ram. Can someone...
  6. Why is windows 10 eating my ram?

Why is windows 10 eating my ram?: So.. i have 32gb of ram. Should be more than enough.... I search for some files using windows search, restart a process or two... no program (that doesn't auto-start on boot) is open. And i'm no tech illiterate that auto-boots three different versions of Avast, CCleaner and...
  7. WMI Provider Host is eating all of my CPU.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host is eating all of my CPU.: The WMI Provider Host is taking up virtually all of my CPU, and according to the Task manager my CPU is constantly maxed at 99% and 95% of the time it is the WMI Provider Host. I have attempted to follow several tips online of how to fix it, even Microsoft's solution. But...
  8. What's eating my ram?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's eating my ram?: whats eating my 8gb of ram? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-eating-my-ram/155b9f00-156a-4d4d-bf5e-b4e626986910
  9. Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM

Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM: Hey yall, I’ve been having trouble with my computer ever since I installed windows 10 all those years ago when it first came out (made the free switch like most). I noticed that my RAM (8g)/memory would get completely full and often. It never happened before, not even...
  10. Play games eats all my CPU!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play games eats all my CPU!: Whenever I play a game in Windows 10 all of my available CPU is used by them (and the game stutters awfully making it unplayable). I have tested this with a variety of games, and all of them are ones which in no way should take this much cpu usage. I did not have this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is eating up my memory on my computer

2. something is eating up my cpu

3. windows 10 is eating my disk